Send SQL Queries to the UIM Database
The SLM portlet includes a SQL Query tool that you can use to enter custom SQL queries for testing and verification. From the SLM portlet, select the Tools tab > SQL Query to access the tool.
The SLM portlet includes a SQL Query tool that you can use to enter custom SQL queries for testing and verification. From the SLM portlet, select the
SQL Queryto access the tool.
The SQL Query tool in SLM is intended for experienced users only.
Select a query from the pull-down box and click the
Start Querybutton to execute the query.
With the SQL Query tool, you can:
- Use any SQL command.
- Enter carriage returns.
- Enter queries that consist of multiple statements.To use multiple statements, separate each statement with a semicolon.
- Run queries with multiple statementsanda query selected from the combo box simultaneously.
- Enter multiple statements, then highlight one or more of the statements to run only the highlighted statements.
- Stop a query that is running by clicking theStop Querybutton.
The result of a query appears in a table under the
Recordsettab. When you run a query that consists of multiple statements, a separate
Recordsettab appears for each statement. The number of rows found is displayed in the tab header.
Size Limits for SQL Queries
In environments with extensive monitoring, database tables can contain a large number of rows. To maintain UMP response time, SLM SQL queries in UMP version 6.0 and later are now limited to 1000 rows and columns to 1024 bytes.
To override the limits, edit theadd the following parameters, and restart the wasp probe:
<slm>section of wasp.cfg,
- max_rowsThe maximum number of rows returned
- max_fieldThe maximum length of any column
<slm>reloadable = truecross_context = trueload_on_startup = trueunpack_war = truepath = /slmmax_rows = 10max_field = 2048</slm>