Configure Installation on IPv6 Environment
CA UIM 9.0.2 can be deployed in a pure IPv6 mode environment using IPv6 address. Installing CA UIM 9.0.2 does not impact any existing feature and functionality.
Before you deploy CA UIM, you must consider the following software requirements:
- Deploy CA UIM on a Linux or Windows 2008 R2 system with Oracle, MySQL, or Microsoft SQL Server as the database.
- The probes which are IPv6 compliant can monitor the systems with the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2
- RHEL 6.x
- The secondary robot can be configured on any of the following operating systems:
- Windows 2008 R2
- RHEL 6.x
Consider the following points before deploying CA UIM:
- For IPv6, regular Nimbus Manager.exe does not work as expected. You must use a different Infrastructure Manager interface(Nimbus ManagerIPv6.exe) which is bundled with the IPv6 UIM Package. This package can be found at same location asNimbus Manager.exe.
- If you install the robot using the native installers, add the “ip_version” key with value “ipv4 ipv6” in the robot configuration file.
- Ensure that IPv6 interface is enabled on the machine where you want to install UIM/UMP.
- Before you deploy a robot and secondary hub, you must add the environment variable,NIM_ROBOT_IPand must set the value as0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1on the machine where UIM is installed. Similarly, you must add this environment variable and set its value before deploying CA UMP. Setting this variable is required for the installer to connect to the primary hub.
- To install the robot in a pure IPv6 environment, run the installer as follows, on the UNIX system:./nimldr -R <ipv6 address of hub to connect to>
- (Optional)We recommend using hostname instead of IP address for robot installation through USM using an xml file.
- (Optional)We recommend adding IPv6 entries in the host files before using discovery wizard and deploying the secondary robot.
- For IPv6 environment, you cannot specify an IP address range for scope. You must specify a single IP address at a time.
- With IPv6 UIM installer, addition of any key in hub.cfg is not required. However to manually configure IPv6 environment, add the key IPV6_HANDLING_ENABLED, and set the value asYes. To add the key:Follow these steps:
- Change IPv4 address to IPv6
- Add the key IPV6_HANDLING_ENABLEDand set the value asYesin theSetupsection of the hub.cfg using Raw Configuration
- Start UIM
Instal UIM on an IPv6 Environment
To install UIM on an IPv6 environment, follow these steps:
- Review the pre-installation considerations and meet the requirements.
- Run the installer following the prompts.
- Select theIPv6 installationoption on theSelect Enviornmentscreen.
- Specify/select the Install Folder and check System Prerequisites.
- Select the database and test the connection. You can install UIM with an IPv6 database server. Installation of UIM on IPv6 supports Oracle, MySql, and Microsoft SQL databases.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation and review Pre-Installation Summary to verify your configuration.
Install Secondary Robot
To install a secondary robot on the Windows IPv6 system using the Nimbus Robot.exe, select
Choose to connect to the network interface through IP address.
Access UIM, adminconsoleapp, and UMP on an IPv6 Environment
- Enter the IPv6 address or hostname of the hub in theAdvancedfield to access UIM on an IPv6 environment using Infrastructure Manager.
- Admin Console GUI:On an IPv6 environment, to deploy and configure probe on robots from Archive, use the following URL:IPv6 address should be in square bracketsadminconsoleapp:https://[<[IPv6 address>]:<port>/adminconsoleappExample:[fc00:416::1c87:2358:a822:1c6b]:/adminconsoleappand UMP
- UMP:Enter the IPv6 address or hostname of the UMP robot enclosed in square brackets followed by port name:https://[<IPv6 address>]:<ump port>/
Probes Certified on IPv6 Environment
The following probes are certified on IPv6 environment: