This section outlines the new features and enhancements that are available in this release.
This section outlines the new features and enhancements that are available in UIM 20.1.0.
UIM 20.1.0 includes the Monitoring Configuration Service (MCS) Dashboards functionality in the Operator Console. This functionality provides an overview of your device and device group monitoring profile configurations for MCS. You can view the information by groups—which contains groups, profiles, and devices summary. You can also view the information by devices—which contains devices and profiles summary. The summary contains information about the percentage of the categories that have been deployed, failed, pending, and not applicable. You can get more detailed information by further drilling down based on the count and percentage.
For more information, see the MCS Dashboards page.
New APIs added in MCS
UIM 20.1.0 includes the new Rest APIs added to Monitoring Configuration Service (MCS) to provide more capabilities to the users for performing operations at device and group level.
For more information, see the Rest API page in probes documentation.
Hub LDAP Client Authentication
The LDAP client authentication functionality enables the hub to send client certificates to the LDAP server, which are then validated on the server.
For more information, see the Hub LDAP Client Authentication.
Scaling Up Hub To Handle Large LDAP Group Count
The ldap_groups callback is changed in UIM 20.1.0 to fetch a large number of groups from LDAP. A new parameter
versionhas been added to the callback; version
0will work do the same job as was done previously. If the version is provided as
1, then the callback works as follows:
- The first call to ldap_groups gives the first 500 groups from LDAP. A new callback ldap_groups_next has been introduced. It is used to fetch the groups in the stream of 500 groups every time it is called. While calling the ldap_groups_next parameter,nextmust be passed as an argument. The parameternextis returned as part of the output of ldap_groups or ldap_groups_next.
Because of the nature of the implementation, it is not recommended that the users using IM/AdminConsole use the ldap_groups callback with version 1. This callback with version 1 is designed for the probes.
Probes and Packages
To review the list of probes and packages that are installed as part of the 20.1 deployment, see the Probes and Packages page.
The UIM 20.1.0 release includes fixes to various customer-facing issues. For the complete list of issues that have been resolved in UIM 20.1.0, see the Resolved Issues page.
To review the list of known issues that are applicable to the UIM 20.1.0 release, see the Known Issues page.
Third-Party Software Agreements
To review the list of third-party software agreements (TPSRs) that are applicable to the UIM 20.1.0 release, see the Third-Party Software Agreements page.
UIM 20.1.0 Installation Considerations
This section provides UIM 20.1.0 installation considerations that helps you quickly get started with this release.The UIM 20.1.0 release, now called “Unified Infrastructure Management Server” supports both fresh and upgrade installations.
- With fresh installation, it supports only non-secure installation.
- With upgrade installation, it supports both secure and non-secure installations.
Below are few supported upgrade scenarios:
- For upgrade from CA Unified Infrastructure Manager Server 9.0.2 to Unified Infrastructure Management Server 20.1.0
- If it is 9.0.2 non secure environment, it can be upgraded to 20.1 secure/non secure environment based on user’s choice.
- For upgrade from DX Infrastructure Manager Server 9.2.0 to Unified Infrastructure Management Server 20.1.0
- If it is 9.2.0 secure environment, it can be upgraded to 20.1 secure environment only.
- If it is 9.2.0 non-secure environment, it can be upgraded to 20.1.0 secure/non secure environment based on user’s choice.