UIM 20.3.0 includes the MCS Dashboards functionality in the Operator Console. This functionality provides an overview of your device and device group monitoring profile configurations for MCS. You can view the information by groups—which contains groups, profiles, and devices summary. You can also view the information by devices—which contains devices and profiles summary. The summary contains information about the percentage of the categories that have been deployed, failed, pending, and not applicable. You can get more detailed information by further drilling down based on the count and percentage.
UIM 20.3.3 has removed dependency on CA Business Intelligence (CABI) for rendering the native OC screens: Home page, Group view page, Device view page, and Monitoring Technologies (probes) view page. Custom and Out-of-the-Box dashboards and reports are still rendered by using CABI; that is, they have a dependency on CABI. However, the native OC screens are no longer dependent on CABI (Jaspersoft) and are rendered by using HTML5. For more information about the native OC screens using HTML5, see the Configuring and Viewing Monitoring Data article or the "Removing CABI Dependency (Native Operator Console)" section in the UIM 20.3.3 article.
The following packages are required for this functionality:
- mon_config_service on the UIM server machine.
- mcsuiapp_portlet and ump_operatorconsole on the Operator Console system.
Understanding the Functionality
The MCS Dashboards feature is available in the Operator Console.
In the Dashboards view, a new "Monitoring Configuration Service" is available. There are two top-level tabs—"View By Groups" and "View By Devices".
Dashcards are available that provide summarized information. Few examples are as follows:
View By Groups:
View By Devices:
View the Information
Summary information in the MCS Dashboards helps you quickly understand the overall deployment scenario.
Follow these steps:
- Access the Operator Console.
- Click the Dashboards icon in the left pane.
- Select MCS Dashboards
- Click dashcards or bars.All filtered entities of the type Groups, Profiles, and Devices are displayed in the Groups table, Profiles table, and Devices table respectively. This applies to both 'View By Group' and 'View By Device'.
- Click the 'Clear' link in the dashcard to return to the original view (without filtering).
- In View By Groups, review the following information:
- Groups Table
- Status shows percentage of group profiles that are present in that particular state.
- Filter is enabled on the 'Name' column. To filter by status, use the dashcard filter (drill down).The filter and sort on the Name column are only on the group name and not on the hierarchical path. See the following example image that displays group names in the ascending order—190, Child Group, and DemoRobot:
- The sort on the Status column is on the status. For example, Deployed, Failed, Not Applicable, and Pending.
- Profiles Table
- Status shows the percentage of the devices that are present in that particular state.
- Filter is enabled on the Profile Name column. The sort on the Status column is on the status. For example, Deployed, Failed, Not Applicable, and Pending.
- Devices Table
- Filter is enabled on all the columns. Filter on 'Last Deployment Status' is on the profile name. Sort on 'Last Deployment Status' is on the last deployed date.
- In View By Devices
- Devices table: Filter is enabled on all the columns. Filter on 'Last Deployment Status' is on the profile name. Sort on 'Last Deployment Status' is on the last deployed date.
- Profiles table: Filter is enabled on the Profile Name column. Sort on 'Last Deployment Status' is on the last deployed date
- Clicking any row displays the profile summary page with all the profile properties.
- Click devices in dashcards or bars in the 'View By Groups' or 'View By Device' views.The device status with respect to the last deployed profile is displayed.
- Click the 'export' button.All the filtered entities are exported to CSV.
- Example: In View by Groups, a filter is applied on the Name column of the Groups table and then export is clicked, the exported CSV contains only the entities that are filtered out.
- In short, the exported CSV contains all the entities that are shown in the table including all pages (complete filtered list).
In View By Groups, clicking the devices dashcard restricts further navigation from the device table.