Launch the Discovery Wizard
You can launch the Discovery Wizard whenever you want to run discovery or change your discovery settings. You can launch it from the
Inventoryview or from the
- The first time when you open the Operator Console (OC), the Discovery Wizard is launched from the Setup wizard.
- The Discovery Wizard will not run after an update of UIM if there are existing range scopes that defineexcludedIP addresses. Either accept the system prompt to delete excluded range scopes or remove them manually from the database. Then, discovery will run.
Follow these steps:
- Using the Inventory view:
- Click theInventoryoption in the left menu in the OC. TheInventoryview opens.
- Click the Edit metrics icon (pencil icon) in the right of the Inventory page. TheInventory Treedialog opens.
- Click theInventorynode.
- Select the required discovery agent.
- Select theDiscovery Wizardoption from the global three-dot Actions menu at the top-right corner of the Inventory page. The Discovery Wizard opens.
- Using the Setup Wizard option:
- Click theSetup Wizardoption the left menu of the OC. The Setup Wizard opens.
- Click theDiscover Devicesbutton to start the Discovery Wizard.