Includes steps to acquire, install, deploy and configure your product.
This section is for systems administrators who are installing CA Unified Infrastructure Management core components. When installation is complete, you will have set up the following:
- CA_UIM database(formerly referred to as the NIS database)
- Message buscomponents:
- UIM domain, a logical set into which all the UIM infrastructure components are grouped
- Primary hub, which includes a robot and service probes
- Secondary hubs, which share the management load in large deployments and extend your domain to remote locations
- Robots, which manage the monitoring probes you deploy after installation is complete
- Management consoles:
- Admin Console, a web-based application that lets UIM administrators configure and manage a UIM infrastructure from virtually any desktop or server operating system. Admin Console can also be run within a portlet in Unified Management Portal (UMP).
- Infrastructure Manager, a Windows application that lets administrators configure and manage UIM.
- Unified Management Portal
- UIM Server web page, which provides links to component installers, to Admin Console, and to the "What's New" section of the UIM documentation
- UIM administrator account
For more information: