Install an IBM i Robot
The IBM i (previously known as the IBM AS/400 and eServer iSeries) robot is supported on IBM System versions V5r3m0 and up.
The IBM i (previously known as the
iSeries) robot is supported on IBM System versions V5r3m0 and up.
Installing the Robot
This process requires:
- NIMBUS.SAVF, which contains the Nimbus library
- NIMSOFT.SAVF, which creates the NimBUS/ directory and files
- A minimum of 35-MB free disk space on the IBM i system
Follow these steps.
- Transfer the SAVF files from the primary hub to the IBM i system:
- Go to the/install/setup/as400directory in the UIM Server installation folder (typicallyC:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoftor/opt/nimsoft).FTPNIMBUS.SAVFandNIMSOFT.SAVFto theQGPLlibrary on the IBM i system
- Log in to the IBM i system as a user with *ALLOBJ authority (such as QSECOFR).
- Verify that the save files were transferred successfully. To see the objects in each SAVF file, execute:DSPSAVF FILE(QGPL/NIMBUS)DSPSAVF FILE(QGPL/NIMSOFT)
- Create the UIM user profile:CRTUSRPRF USRPRF(NIMBUS) PASSWORD(*NONE) USRCLS(*SYSOPR) TEXT('UIM User for UIM Management') SPCAUT(*JOBCTL *SPLCTL *IOSYSCFG *ALLOBJ) INLMNU(*SIGNOFF) LMTCPB(*YES)
- Restore the SAVF files:
- Restore the NIMBUS library from NIMBUS.SAVF:RSTLIB SAVLIB(NIMBUS) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/NIMBUS)
- Create the NimBUS/ directory and restore the file objects from NIMSOFT.SAVF:CRTDIR DIR('/Nimbus_Software')CRTDIR DIR('/Nimbus_Software/NimBUS/')RST DEV('/QSYS.lib/QGPL.lib/NIMSOFT.file') OBJ(('/Nimbus_Software/NimBUS/*'))
- Editrobot.cfg(the robot configuration file):
- Open the file:EDTF STMF('/Nimbus_Software/NimBUS/robot/robot.cfg')
- Edit the following values:<controller>domain =my_domainhub =UIM_host_Ahubhubrobotname =UIM_host_Ahubip =22.214.171.124robotname =IBMi_systemrobotip =126.96.36.199</controller>
- hub: name of the parent hub
- : name of the parent hub's robot
- hubip: IP address of the parent hub
- robotname: desired name for the new robot, or leave blank to the system hostname
- robotip: IP address of the IBM i system
- Start the robot by executing theStart Subsystem(STRSBS) command:STRSBS
Installation is complete.
Stopping and Restarting the Robot
To stop the robot, execute:
To restart the robot, execute:
If you shut down the robot each night for backup, manual restarts are required. You can automatically stop and start the robot with the
Add Job Schedule Entry(ADDJOBSCDE) command. The following example automatically stops the robot at 1 am and starts it again at 7 am every day:
ADDJOBSCDE JOB(NIMBUS_END) CMD(ENDSBS SBS(NIMBUS) DELAY(120)) FRQ(*WEEKLY) SCDDATE(*NONE) SCDDAY(*ALL) SCDTIME(010000) USER(NIMBUS) TEXT('End Nimbus subsystem')ADDJOBSCDE JOB(NIMBUS_STR) CMD(STRSBS SBSD(NIMBUS/NIMBUS)) FRQ(*WEEKLY) SCDDATE(*NONE) SCDDAY(*ALL) SCDTIME(070000) USER(NIMBUS) TEXT('Start Nimbus subsystem')
To change the schedule, use the
Work with Job Schedule Entries(WRKJOBSCDE) command to edit or delete any entries that you previously created:
Uninstalling the Robot
Follow these steps:
- Stop the robot:ENDSBS SBS(NIMBUS)
- Wait 30 seconds before continuing to ensure that the subsystem has ended.
- Delete the NIMBUS library:DLTLIBLIB(NIMBUS)
- Delete the /Nimbus_Software/NimBUS file tree:RD
The IBM i robot is uninstalled.
You can also delete the NIMBUS user profile with the
Delete User Profile(DLTUSRPRF) command. If you plan to reinstall the robot, deleting the profile is not required.