Work with Applications
Organization administrators and developers can work with applications in the , except where noted. Organization administrators and developers can consume API groups while editing their applications. All users except developers can consume API groups while adding their application.
Organization administrators and developers can work with applications in the
API Developer Portal, except where noted. Organization administrators and developers can consume API groups while editing their applications. All users
except developerscan consume API groups while adding their application.
For more information about the roles and permissions for working with applications, see Roles and Permissions.
In this article:
Locate your Organization Applications
You can find and examine your organization applications.
Prerequisite:The administrator created at least one application for the developer.
- From the menu bar at the top of the page, selectApps.TheApplicationspage opens. You can see a list of applications.
After the API proxy generates a unique API key and shared secret for newly added application, you must add the key to the application so that the application can use the API. If the API that has been added to the application uses OAuth, you must also add the shared secret to the application.
You can edit the following information for your application from the tabs that are on the Edit Application page:
- Change the state of your application to disabled or enabled.
- Edit the name and description of your application.
- Add and remove APIs and API groups to and from your application.
- Change the OAuth callback URL, scope value, and type.
- Examine the API key and the shared secret that the API proxy generated for the application.
- Request a shared secret.
Follow these steps:
- From theApplicationspage, on the Actions menu for the application, selectEdit.TheEdit Applicationpage opens. By default, theInformationtab on theEdit Applicationpage is selected.
- On theInformationtab, edit the application name, the state, and the description of the application.
- On theAPI Managementtab, add and remove APIs and API groups to and from your application. Accept the terms and conditions of the end-user license agreement (EULA). SelectNext.You are presented with a list of only those APIs to which you have access to add to your application.
- On theAuthtab, edit the OAuth callback URL, scope value, and type, or request a new shared secret (for example, if the shared secret is compromised).When you request a shared secret, the API Proxy no longer accepts queries that use the old secret. The developer must update the shared secret in the application before the application can access the APIs.
Your changes are saved.
Organization administrators can delete applications.
Follow these steps:
- Open theApplicationspage.
- In theActionscolumn, select the drop-down list for the application you want to delete and selectDelete.
The application is deleted.