Configure and Use External Mail Server
A mail server is required for sending notification emails from aan. A mail server is available in the deployment, but you can use an external, corporate mail server.
A mail server is required for sending notification emails from
API Portal. A mail server is available in the deployment, but you can use an external, corporate mail server.
The default mail server sends emails with @CA domain in the sender address. To send emails from a different mail server with your customized email address, configure an external mail server.
Supported Mail Server
API Portalsupports only
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server.
Configure SMTP at the Portal Level
SMTP mail servers can use SSL and non-SSL channels to communicate with API Portal as of release 184.108.40.206 and higher.
Prerequisite:Verify that Docker is configured with a proper storage driver and log driver in the
Follow these steps:
- (Optional)If you are using SMTP over SSL, copy the certificate file from your corporate mail server and add it to a directory, for example,/home/portalin the Portal VM. If you are not using SSL, proceed directly to the next step.
- Open the<install_dir>/conf/portal.conffile and ensure that the following entries are at the end of the file:
The following code block shows an example:PORTAL_SMTP_HOST="mail.example.com" PORTAL_SMTP_PORT="25" PORTAL_SMTP_USERNAME="qa_mail" PORTAL_SMTP_PASSWORD="mailpassword" PORTAL_SMTP_SSL_CERT=/etc/ca/apim-portal/certs/smtp.crt
- PORTAL_SMTP_HOST:SMTP hostname or IP address. When using a FQDN, ensure this is resolvable by your DNS server.
- PORTAL_SMTP_PORT:SMTP server port.
- PORTAL_SMTP_USERNAME:User name to connect to SMTP server.
- PORTAL_SMTP_PASSWORD:Password to authenticate with SMTP server.
- (Optional) PORTAL_SMTP_SSL_CERT:Location of certificate for connecting to SMTP server over SSL. If you are not using SMTP over SSL, leave this variable empty or remove it altogether.
- Save and close theportal.conffile.
- Run theportal.shscript.
An external mail server is configured.
Configure SMTP at the Tenant-level
The default mail server is configured during deployment.
To send emails from a different mail server, enable the Custom SMTP Service and provide connection details and email options.
Ensure that the tenant uses only the following SMTP authentication mechanisms, as supported by API Portal:
Configure Connection Details
connection detailsfor an
SMTPserver as follows:
- SMTP HostSpecifies the Host Name of the SMTP Server.
- SMTP PortSpecifies the port of the SMTP server through which the communication happens.
- (Optional) UsernameSpecify the username if the SMTP server is enabled for authentication.
- (Optional) PasswordSpecify password that is associated with the username.
To configure the protocol, do the following:
- Select one of the following delivery protocols to send emails:
- SMTP TLS
- SelectUpload Certificate, and select"Choose File"to upload a trusted certificate in X.509 format that is required for secure connection with the SMTP server.
- (optional) To delete the saved certificate, select"Clear File"and save the changes.
Configure Email Options
To configure the email options, configure the following:
The domain associated with the
Bounce Emailmust be a trusted domain on the SMTP host.
- (Optional)From NameSpecifies the name of the sender.
- From AddressSpecifies the from email address.
- (Optional) Bounce EmailBounced email notifications are sent to the specified email address.