Configure Authentication Schemes
Authentication schemes determine the identity of users who attempt to access the aan resources. Administrators can configure the following Identity Providers with aan to authenticate users:
Authentication schemes determine the identity of users who attempt to access the
API Portalresources. Administrators can configure the following Identity Providers with
API Portalto authenticate users:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) (SaaS and On-Premise Portal)
- SAML Single Sign On (SaaS and On-Premise Portal)
- CA Single Sign-On (On-Premise Portal only)
Administrators can add, view, and can edit the authentication schemes by clicking
Administrationand selecting the
Authenticationoption in the navigation bar.
Follow the sections to configure the following Identity Providers:
Default Authentication Scheme
API Portalprovides a default authentication scheme of type CA APIM to manage users in the Portal database. The Administrator can only perform the following operations on the default authentication scheme:
- Edit the name of the authentication scheme
- Manage password policies
- Enable or disable the encrypting of passwords to reduce external attacks. By default, the encryption option is disabled.
To enable password encryption:
- Log in to the API Portal as an Administrator.
- SelectAdministration, and then select theAuthenticationoption in the navigation bar.
- On theAuthentication Schemespage, select the drop-down list inActionsfor the default authentication scheme, and selectEdit.
- SelectAdvanced Configuration, and select theEnabledoption.
Log in to Portal with Configured Authentication Schemes
The configured authentication schemes are listed on the
API Portallogin page. Select an authentication scheme to log in, or set it as a default one. If you set an authentication scheme as a default,
API Portalrenders the authentication scheme login page to prompt for user credentials.