Configure and Use External Mail Server
A mail server is required for sending notification emails from aan. A mail server is available in the deployment, but you can use an external, corporate mail server.
A mail server is required for sending notification emails from
API Portal. A mail server is available in the deployment, but you can use an external, corporate mail server.
Using default mail server sends the mails with @CA domain in the sender's address. To send mails from a different mail server with your customized email address, you can configure a mail server.
Supported Mail Server
API Portalsupports only
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server.
This section describes how to configure SMTP mail server at portal level and at tenant level.
Configure SMTP at Portal level
SMTP mail servers can use SSL and non-SSL channels to communicate with API Portal as of release 18.104.22.168 and higher.
Prerequisite:Verify that Docker is configured with a proper storage driver and log driver in the
Follow these steps:
- (Optional)If you are using SMTP over SSL, copy the certificate file from your corporate mail server and add it to a directory, for example,/home/portalin the Portal VM. If you are not using SSL, proceed directly to the next step.
- Open the<install_dir>/conf/portal.conffile and ensure that the following entries are at the end of the file:
The following code block shows an example:PORTAL_SMTP_HOST="mail.example.com" PORTAL_SMTP_PORT="25" PORTAL_SMTP_USERNAME="qa_mail" PORTAL_SMTP_PASSWORD="mailpassword" PORTAL_SMTP_SSL_CERT=/etc/ca/apim-portal/certs/smtp.crt
- PORTAL_SMTP_HOST:SMTP hostname or IP address. When using a FQDN, ensure this is resolvable by your DNS server.
- PORTAL_SMTP_PORT:SMTP server port.
- PORTAL_SMTP_USERNAME:User name to connect to SMTP server.
- PORTAL_SMTP_PASSWORD:Password to authenticate with SMTP server.
- (Optional) PORTAL_SMTP_SSL_CERT:Location of certificate for connecting to SMTP server over SSL. If you are not using SMTP over SSL, leave this variable empty or remove it altogether.
- Save and close theportal.conffile.
- Run theportal.shscript.
An external mail server is configured.
Configure SMTP at the Tenant-level
Configure mail server to send emails from a different mail server with the custom SMTP configurations.
Ensure that the tenant uses only the following SMTP authentication mechanisms, as supported by API Portal:
- Log in as an administrator.
- ClickSettings, Email Settings
- Select Enable to configure custom SMTP service. Select the Disable option to use the default mail server that is configured at theduring the deployment.
Configure Connection Details
connection detailsfor an
SMTPserver as follows:
- SMTP HostSpecifies the Host Name of the SMTP Server.
- SMTP PortSpecifies the port of the SMTP server through which the communication happens.
- (Optional) UsernameSpecify the username if the SMTP server is enabled for authentication.
- (Optional) PasswordSpecify password that is associated with the username.
To configure the protocol, do the following:
- Select one of the following delivery protocols to send emails:
- SMTP TLS
- Click Upload Certificate, and click "Choose File" to upload a trusted certificate in X.509 format that is required for secure connection with the SMTP server.
- (optional) To delete the saved certificate , click "Clear File" and save the changes.
Configure Email Options
To configure the email options, configure the following:
The domain associated with the
Bounce Emailmust be a trusted domain on the SMTP host.
- (Optional)From NameSpecifies the name of the sender.
- From AddressSpecifies the from email address.
- (Optional) Bounce EmailBounced email notifications are sent to the specified email address.