Configure and Use External Mail Server
A mail server is required for sending notification emails from API Portal. A mail server is available in the deployment, but you can use an external, corporate mail server.
Using default mail server sends the mails with @CA domain in the sender address. To send mails from a different mail server with your customized email address, you can configure a mail server.
API Portal supports only
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol(SMTP) server.
You can configure SMTP mail server at Portal level. For the tenant level SMTP configuration, go to Configure Mail Server at Tenant Level.
Configure SMTP at Portal Level
SMTP mail servers can use SSL and non-SSL channels to communicate with API Portal.
Prerequisite:Verify that Docker is configured with a proper storage driver and log driver in the
Follow these steps:
- (Optional)If you are using SMTP over SSL, copy the certificate file from your corporate mail server and add it to a directory, for example,/home/portalin the Portal VM. If you are not using SSL, proceed directly to the next step.
- Open the<install_dir>/conf/portal.conffile and ensure that the following entries are at the end of the file:
The following code block shows an example:PORTAL_SMTP_HOST="mail.example.com" PORTAL_SMTP_PORT="25" PORTAL_SMTP_USERNAME="qa_mail" PORTAL_SMTP_PASSWORD="mailpassword" PORTAL_SMTP_SSL_CERT=/etc/ca/apim-portal/certs/smtp.crt
- PORTAL_SMTP_HOST:SMTP hostname or IP address. When using a FQDN, ensure this is resolvable by your DNS server.
- PORTAL_SMTP_PORT:SMTP server port.
- PORTAL_SMTP_USERNAME:User name to connect to SMTP server.
- PORTAL_SMTP_PASSWORD:Password to authenticate with SMTP server.
- (Optional) PORTAL_SMTP_SSL_CERT:Location of certificate for connecting to SMTP server over SSL. If you are not using SMTP over SSL, leave this variable empty or remove it altogether.
- Save and close theportal.conffile.
- Run theportal.shscript.
An external mail server is configured.