Custom Report in API Portal helps you drill-down to specific API metrics and visualize the exact data based on your business requirements. Select the metrics, group if needed, and limit the data based on your criteria using filters.
Custom Reportallows you to create and visualize custom charts as panels. You can create up to
threepanels. Each panel includes the following fields, which you can customize:
- Title and Description
- Dimensional filters
- Time filters
You can group or ungroup each dimensional filter. Each grouped dimensional filter only filters the data based on your selections. However, each ungrouped dimensional filter is represented on the chart as a line.
After you save the custom reports, browser refresh or subsequent login retains the report information. You can modify the charts later as needed.
You can retrieve all the insights that are visualized through Portal UI using the
Metrics Query API. For more information, see
To access this report, click
Monitor, and then click
Custom Reporton the menu bar.
Exporton the top-right corner to export the custom charts.
Create a Panel on Custom Report
- ClickAdd Panelon theCustom Reportpage.The Chart Metric panel opens.
- Select the Chart Metric from the drop-down. By default,API Hitsis selected.
- Select the data source for which you want to create the chart.ClickAll Datato fetch all the data.You can select from the following dimensional filters on the right-side of the panel to further drill-down data. Selecting any dimension from the right-side panel reflects visually on the left-side of the panel. Each line on the left-side of the panel represents the data flow of a line on the final chart.
- API - Select APIs by Name or Rank.
- Application - Select Applications by Name or Rank.
- Proxy – Select Gateway Server by Name or Rank.
- Organization - Select Organizations by Name or Rank.
- Response Codes - Select Response Code by Rank, Range, or HTTP Status Code.
- URI – Select URI by Rank or Expression.If a URI pattern is a superset of any of the subsequent patterns, then the API returns the values only for the superset pattern.
- Example: If URI based hits are:
- /accounts/v1 - 5
- /accounts/v1/acc1 - 2
- /accounts/v1/acc2 - 2
- /accounts/v1/acc1/transactions - 3
- /accounts/v1/acc2/transactions - 4
- /accounts/v1/acc1/transactions/transc1 - 3
- /accounts/v1/acc1/transactions/transc2 - 5
- /accounts/v1/acc2/transactions/transc1 - 4
- /accounts/v1/acc2/transactions/transc2 - 3
- Typical URI patterns that can be derived and their values:
- /accounts/v1 - 5
- /accounts/v1/[w] - 4
- /accounts/v1/[w]/transactions - 7
- /accounts/v1/acc1/transactions/[x] - 8
- /accounts/v1/[w]/transactions/[x] - 15
The Chart Data Limit shows the number of entities that you selected. You can select a maximum ofthree ungroupedentities.Limit:10
- Select theGroupedcheckbox to group multiple entities of a data source; this also results in a single line chart for the grouped entities. For detailed information, see the below section "Group Data on a Custom Report".
- ClickRemoveto delete the selected filter.
- ClickApplyand clickGet Datato create the chart with the selected data source filter.
- Stack filters to further drill-down the data based on your requirements. Click on the Data Source to open the Chart Metric panel and select the next filter.
- ClickApplyand clickGet Datato plot a chart representing data based on the stacked data sources.A line chart is plotted based on your selected data sources and filters.
- Edit the chart title and description to reflect the information that is plotted on the chart.
You can hover over the line chart or the legend to see the data points. Details about your selections are displayed as tool-tips. To edit any selection, click on the corresponding data source or time range tile.
Group Data on a Custom Report
You can group multiple entities of a data source to represent it as a single line on the Custom Report line chart. This helps in summarizing and visualizing large data to derive meaningful information.
By default, the selections are not grouped and each selection appears as an individual line on the chart.The number of rows you see in the Chart Metric panel is exactly the number of lines you will see plotted in the line chart.
Grouping is not feasible only when you select data sources based on Rank.
Example Custom Report when Grouped option is not selected:
Example Custom Report when Grouped option is selected: