As a Publisher, you can deploy the APIs that you own or manage the proxies to which your organization has been assigned.
In this article:
The following prerequisites apply when deploying APIs:
- Management Permissions: If you are an API Owner or Org Publisher deploying an API belonging to another Publisher, the Portal admin or the default API Owner must give you permissions to manage that specific API.
- Organizations Assignment: If you are an Org Publisher, the admin must also assign your organization to the specific proxy.
If you are upgrading from version 4.4 or earlier, by default no organization will be assigned to any of your proxies. Ensure that the Portal admin performs the necessary organizations assignment after upgrading. See Edit an API Proxy for details.
Deploy a Proxy with Automatic Deployments
Portal-published APIs are automatically deployed to a proxy that uses the automatic deployment type depending on the synchronization time. These API deployments are read-only and cannot be created, updated, or deleted.
To deploy an API using automatic deployment:
- Add the proxy using the steps listed in Integrate On-Premise API Proxies > Enroll Additional API Proxies. Ensure that you select theAutomaticdeployment type.
- Publish an API using the steps in Create and Set Permissions for APIs.
- Refresh theAPI Detailspage.
Deploymentstab displays the Deployed state.
Deploy a Proxy with On-Demand Deployments
You can deploy, undeploy, or redeploy APIs to on-demand proxies from the
API Detailspage, or through PAPI using the Deployment API.
To deploy, undeploy, or redeploy an API using on-demand deployment from API Details page:
- Go toPublish,APIs.
- Select the API that you want to deploy. TheAPI Detailspage opens.
- Click theDeploymentstab.
- In your selected proxy's card, select from the following:
- If the proxy is not deployed, clickDeploy.
- If the proxy is already deployed or pending deployment, clickRedeployorUndeploy.
- ClickYeswhen prompted.
Refresh Status of On-Demand Deployments
You can check the status of your on-demand deployment in the following ways:
- Automatic: After performing an action, the status will refresh in 10 seconds.
- Manual: ClickCheck nowanytime while the action is in progress.
Deploy Proxy with Scripted Deployments
Deployment actions with scripted deployments are done through PAPI using the Deployment API.