Edit and Delete APIs
Publishers can edit and delete APIs. You cannot edit some settings if the API is in use or is a Gateway-published API.
Publishers can add, edit, and delete APIs. You cannot edit some settings if the API is in use or if the API is a Gateway-published API. For more information about how to add APIs, set up the visibility permissions for your organizations, and set up the API management, see Create and Set Permissions for APIs.
Assign Managing Org
Assign User Permissions
Assign Consuming Org
The Org Publisher has publishing permissions only in their assigned organization.
In this article:
Edit an API
Follow these steps:
- Log in toLayer7 API Developer Portalas a Portal Admin.
- From the menu bar, selectManage,APIs.The APIs are listed on the APIs page.
- Select the API that you want to edit.The API Details page with information about the selected API opens. By default, theOverviewtab opens, displaying the API location, API type, and tags.
- Select the tab associated to the action that you want to do:
- Spec:View the Swagger API documentation and test and explore your API.For more information about how to use this tab, see Test and Explore APIs.
- Deployments:View the proxies to which the API is deployed and the type of deployment (On Demand, Automatic, or Scripted).This tab is visible to Portal Admins and to users who havereadpermissions for APIs, proxies, and API deployments.For more information about how to use this tab, see Manage API Deployments.
- Documentation:View the markdown content for the API.This tab is visible to Portal Admins.For more information about how to use this tab, see Manage API Documents.
- SelectActions, and then select one of the following options based on the action that you want to do:
- Add API to Application
- Edit API Details
- Edit Visibility Permissions
- Edit Management Permissions
- Edit Tags
- Delete API
For more information about how to edit visibility permissions, management permissions, and tags, see Create and Set Permissions for APIs.
Add an API to an Application
You add APIs to applications while adding or editing an application.
For more information about how to add available APIs to an application, see Manage Applications.
Edit API Details
Follow these steps:
- From the APIs page, select the API that you want to edit.The API details page opens.
- SelectActions, and then selectEdit API Details.TheDetailspage in the API wizard opens.
- Edit the following API details, and then selectSave.
For more information about the API details that you can edit on the other tabs, see Create and Set Permissions for APIs.
- On theDetailstab, you can add or replace an API definition file from this tab.Layer7 API Developer Portalsupports Swagger 3.0 JSON and WADL XML files (for REST APIs), and WSDL and optional XSD files (for SOAP APIs). You can also change the API name, publish state, version, and the location of the API. If no applications or API groups are using the API, you can also change its API EULA and visibility.
- On thePolicy Templatestab (Available only for API Portal-published APIs), you can change the policy templates.
- On theSpec Authenticationtab, for API Portal-published APIs, you can change the default authentication type that the API Explorer applies to the API.
The API details are edited.
Delete an API
Portal Admins and API owners can delete APIs. Deleting an
Layer7 API Developer Portal-published API from
Layer7 API Developer Portalalso deletes the API on the API proxy when
Layer7 API Developer Portaland the proxy synchronize.
Layer7 API Developer Portaldoes not automatically delete the API on the API proxy. Therefore, the API Proxy page shows a synchronization error. Have an API proxy administrator remove the
Set as Portal Managedassertion from the API.
Follow these steps:
- From the APIs page, disable the API:
- Select the API that you want to disable.The API Details page opens.
- SelectActions, and then selectEdit API Details.TheDetailstab opens.
- SelectDisableas the publish state, and then selectSave.
- Determine which applications include the API that you want to delete, and remove the API from each application that includes it:
- From the API Details page (with theOverviewtab open), selectApplications.The Applications page opens and shows a list of all applications that include the API.
- From the drop-down for the application from which you want to remove the API, selectEdit.TheDetailspage in the Application wizard opens.
- Select theAPI Managementtab.
- In theSelected APIssection, select thexnext to the API that you want to remove from the application, and then selectSave.If an application includes only one selected API, you can remove the API only by replacing it with another API.
- Verify that there are no applications that include the API that are pending approval. If there are applications pending approval, reject them.
- Remove the API from each API group that includes it:
- From the API Details page (with theOverviewtab open), selectAPI Groups.The API Groups page opens and shows a list of all the API groups that use the API.
- From the drop-down for the API group from which you want to remove the API, selectEdit.The Edit API Group page opens.
- In theAPIssection, underSelected APIs, selectRemovenext to the API that you want to remove from the API group, and then selectSave.
- Delete the API. On the API Details page, select theActionsmenu, and then selectDelete API.
- (Recommended) If the API is a Gateway-published API, have an API proxy administrator complete the following:
- In the Policy Manager, to log in to the API proxy as an administrator.
- Remove theSet as Portal Managedassertion from the API on the proxy.
The API is deleted from
Layer7 API Developer Portal.