Publishers can deploy the APIs that they own to proxies or manage the proxies to which their organization has been assigned.
In this article:
The following prerequisites apply when deploying APIs to proxies:
- Management Permissions: If you are an API Owner or Org Publisher deploying an API belonging to another Publisher, the Portal Admin or the default API Owner must give you permissions to manage that specific API.
- Organizations Assignment: If you are an Org Publisher, the Portal Admin must also assign your organization to the specific proxy.
If you are upgrading from
API Portalversion 4.4 or earlier, by default organizations are not assigned to your proxies. After upgrading, ensure that the Portal Admin performs the necessary organizations assignment.
Deploy an API to Proxies that Use the Automatic API Deployment Type
Portal-published APIs are automatically deployed to a proxy that uses the automatic API deployment type depending on the synchronization time. These API deployments are read-only and cannot be created, updated, or deleted.
Prerequisite:You have added the proxy using the steps listed in Integrate On-Premise API Proxies > Enroll Additional API Proxies, and you have selected the
AutomaticAPI deployment type.
Follow these steps:
- From the menu bar, selectManage,APIs.A list of APIs display on the APIs page.
- Create the API, which includes configuring the proxy URL. For more information, see Create and Set Permissions for APIs.
The API is deployed to the proxy.
Manage API Deployments to Proxies that Use the On Demand API Deployment Type
You can deploy, undeploy, or redeploy APIs to proxies that use the On Demand API deployment type using
Layer7 API Developer Portal, or by making calls to the
Deploymentsresource for the Portal API (PAPI). The following procedure describes how to manage the deployment using
Layer7 API Developer Portal.
For more information about how to deploy APIs using PAPI, see Deploy APIs to Proxies using PAPI.
Follow these steps:
- From the APIs page, open your API by selecting it.TheOverviewtab opens.
- Select theDeploymentstab.
- In the selected proxy's card, select from the following:
- If the proxy is not deployed, clickDeploy.
- If the proxy is already deployed or pending deployment, clickRedeployorUndeploy.
- ClickYeswhen prompted.
Refresh the API Deployment Status to Proxies that Use the On Demand API Deployment Type
With your API open, on the
Deploymentstab, in your selected proxy's card, you can check the deployment status in the following ways:
- Automatic:After performing an action, the status refreshes in 10 seconds.
- Manual:SelectCheck nowanytime while the action is in progress.
Deploy an API to Proxies that Use the Scripted API Deployment Type
You manage API deployment to proxies that use the scripted API deployment type (deploy, undeploy, or redeploy) by making calls to the
Deploymentsresource for the PAPI.