Troubleshoot API Deployments
This article describes how to troubleshoot the issues.
This article describes how to troubleshoot the following issues:
Portal Deployer is Not Receiving Deployment Events (On Demand API Deployments)
For On Demand API deployments, the deployment is stuck in a "Pending Deployment "state or "Pending Undeployment" state that does not resolve itself.
- In the Policy Manager, restart the log by toggling theportal.deployer.enabledcluster property totrue.
- View the Gateway logs from within the Policy Manager or from the filesystem from the Gateway node log (/opt/SecureSpan/Gateway/node/default/var/logs/ssg_X_0.log).For more information, see "View Logs for the Gateway" section in the Gateway documentation.
- To get the API out of its "Pending Deployment" state, redeploy the API by making the redeploy API call.For more information about how to make this API call, see REST API On-Demand Deployment.
Error When Deploying an API
The API Details page displays an error for an API deployment.
View the details of an error by clicking the red icon of error status.
The following graphic displays an On Demand API deployment that contains an error status:
The following graphic displays the details of an example error message:
Failed Connecting to Broker Error (On Demand API Deployments)
For On Demand API deployments, the deployment is stuck in a "Pending Deployment" state. Gateway logs display the following error:
Could not connect to the message broker - check your DNS configurations
- Ensure that the DNS is configured correctly.Ensure thatFor more information, see the Edit Hosts File for Local Access section in step 3 of Configure Your DNS Server.broker.mycompany.comis added to the/etc/hostsfile.
- To get the API out of its Pending Deployment state, you need to redeploy the API by making the redeploy API call.
Service Cannot be Found Error
For On Demand API deployments, the API Details page displays an error for an API deployment. When the user selects the Error link, the message contains a reference to Service Not Found.
Ensure that RESTMAN is installed on the Gateway. See the "Rest Management API" section in the Gateway documentation.