View and Choose API Plans
Org Admins and Developers can limit individual API consumption within an application by subscribing the application to an API plan. This article describes how Org Admins and Developers can:
- View the details for an API plan (such as the description, rate, and quota limits).
- Choose an API plan for visible APIs.
Permissions for Choosing an API Plan
By default, Org Admins and Developers can add APIs and choose API plans for their applications. The Org Admin can also create applications.
If the Portal Admin or API Owner has enabled the Edit Application Request Workflow setting, the Org Admin and Developer can still edit applications but the change will be pending until the Portal Admin or API Owner's approves the change.
Choose an API Plan for an Application
Follow these steps:
- From the menu bar, selectManage,Applications.TheApplicationspage opens.
- From theActionsdrop-down for the application that you want to edit, selectEdit.TheDetailspage opens.
- Select theAPI Managementtab.A list of API plans is displayed on theAPI Managementpage. The details for each API plan (Description, Quota, and Rate Limit) are provided so you can make an informed decision when choosing the API plan.
- Select the API plan to which you want to subscribe the application.
Add an API Plan to an Application
Follow these steps:
- From the menu bar, selectManage,APIs.The APIs page opens.
- Select the API for the organization.
- SelectActions,Add API to Application. A list of available applications to which you can add the API are displayed.
- Select the application.TheAPI Managementpage opens for that application, listing the API plans. The details for each API plan (Description, Quota, and Rate Limit) are provided.
- When the EULA pop-up window opens, accept the terms and conditions. TheSelect an API Planpop-up window opens, displaying the details for each API plan.
- Select the API plan, and then selectConfirm. The App details page opens where you can view the newly added API as a tile and the API plan information on the API tile.