API Portal Dashboard
A quick start guide to using the API Portal dashboard.
This section contains information on the Layer7 API Developer Portal (
API Portal) dashboard, navigation, and menu bar.
The API Portal Dashboard provides a quick overview of the current state of your
API Portal. Upon logging into
API Portal, you see the Dashboard with the following information based on your role:
- Personalized HeaderShows a count of the following entities. Click the entities to view detailed information.
- API Groups
- Account Plans
- API Plans
- Search BarHelps you search for APIs, applications, or organizations. Organization Users can search on APIs and Applications only.
- AnalyticsShows the analytics charts for Top 3 APIs traffic, Top 3 Organizations traffic, Top 3 Proxies traffic, and Top 3 Applications traffic with data from the last 30 days. For more information, see the sectionChartsbelow.If Analytics is disabled, you can only see the APIs list.
Here's a sample dashboard for a Portal Admin:
Org Admins and Developers can view charts for APIs and applications. Org Publishers can view Proxies chart and also Proxies that are visible to their respective Organization. Only Portal Admins and Publishers can view the organization traffic chart.
Click the drop-down arrow icon beside the date range label to see more options, such as
Move/Collapse Panel. You can use these options to change the Analytics view as per your requirements. These view preferences are saved and you can view the charts with these preferences the next time you access the Dashboard.
The charts show legend such as APIs traffic and recently accessed pages. Hover on the traffic legend to highlight the respective line on the chart. Click the API legend to navigate to the respective API page.
Role-based Dashboard View
Publishers and Portal Admins can view the information and quickly access all the entities. Org Users can view and access the following entities:
API Plans (if enabled)
Proxy Error List
Org Publishers can also view EULAs from the header tab.
Role-based Menu Options
The top menu bar contains centralized navigation for all task options and access points available to your particular role.
- Manage:Easily manage entities such as APIs, Applications, EULAs, Proxies, Account Plans, API Plans, and Gateway Bundles. See Manage.
- Monitor:Monitor analytics and generate reports for traffic and quota consumption. See Monitor.
- Portal API:Opens the API Explorer to gain access to Portal APIs.API Explorer is only accessible through the API Portal/Ingress tenant.
- API Hub:Directs you to the API Hub homepage. If you have registered other remotely hosted customized API Hub, the customized API Hub displays under this menu item.
- Proxy Error List:Available or Org Admin users only. A drop-down menu that summarizes currently known API-proxy related errors, ranging from deployment to connection errors. A red marker on the menu indicates X number of proxy errors, while a green checkmark on the menu indicates that no proxy issues have been found. Each error alert contains a link that you can click to directly access the affected proxy to investigate the error in greater detail.
- Administration (gear icon):Manage administration options such as Appearance, Audit Logs, Authentication, Custom Fields, Email/SMTP Settings, Integration, Organizations, Registration, Request Settings, Requests, Settings, and Users.
- Notifications (bell icon):View and approve requests and registrations.
- Account (user icon):Manage your profile and account. Org users can also use this access point to switch between workspaces or organizations.