5.0.3- 2021-09-14 (S), 2021-09-21 (P)
About Staging and Production Environments
Each API Management SaaS upgrade is available to test in a staging environment before it is pushed to production. Refer to the dates in this change log for:
- The date that the upgrade is available in the staging environment (S), and
- The date that the upgrade is pushed to production (P).
- Portal Dashboard: New Proxy Errors ListIn order to act quickly on API, API key deployment, or Proxy connection issues, Portal administrators must rely on the Portal to inform them of these issues as they arise. In an ongoing effort to improve the manageability of Proxies enrolled with API Portal, Portal administrators can now view Proxy connection issues and any API or API key deployment issues in the new Proxy Errors list from the API Portal dashboard. See API Portal Dashboard to learn more.
- Organization TaggingRecall that organizations are a way to group and manage related developers. In addition to viewing organizations and assigning developers to them, Portal administrators can add and edit organizations in API Management SaaS. The Portal now supports tagging for organizations to help administrators group related organizations by way of tagging. See Manage Organizations to learn more.You can also manage organization tags using the new/tenant-admin/1.0/tagsendpoint in the Portal API (PAPI). See the latest PAPI 5.0.3 swagger fileto learn how you can use this endpoint to perform operations such as retrieving and creating organization tags, and updating tag-organization associations.
- Support for EULA UpdatesEnd-User License Agreements (EULAs) are a requirement for all published APIs. Portal Admins and API Owners can manage EULAs in the Portal, which now includes the ability to edit EULA content that is currently referenced by published APIs.
- New Endpoints in Portal API (PAPI)Portal 5.0.3 introduces a new set of endpoints labeled asapi-management/1.0/tagsfor managing API tags andtenant-admin/1.0/tagsfor managing Organization tags. You can access these endpoints only through PAPI. Theapi-management/1.0/tagsendpoint replaces the now deprecated/tagsendpoint.
Another new endpoint,api-management/1.0/eulashas also been introduced for this release, allowing Portal users to perform tasks such as listing EULAs that can be applied to APIs, creating an API EULA, or updating/deleting an existing API EULAs. This new endpoint effectively replaces the now deprecated/ApiEulasendpoint.
- Support for Filtering and Deleting TagsPortal Administrators can now filter tags using theinUse=True/Falsefilter and delete tags that are not associated with any API or organization using the new endpoint in the Portal API (PAPI).
- Support for Renaming TagsPortal Administrators can now rename tags after it is created using the new endpoints.
- Enhanced Synchronization for API PlansThe mechanism used to synchronize API plans between the Portal and API Gateway has been enhanced to improve reliability of synchronization operations.
- Spring Boot Library UpgradesThe Spring Boot Libraries used in API Portal have been updated to provide additional security and performance updates to Portal components.
The following APIs have been deprecated as part of an ongoing effort to streamline API Portal's system architecture:
- API EULAs
/ApiEulasendpoint has been deprecated and replaced by the new
/tagsendpoint has been deprecated and replaced by the
See the latest PAPI 5.0.3 swagger file to learn more about the new endpoints.
Service for the deprecated endpoints have been moved to the deprecated section of the PAPI swagger file and will be removed from the next Portal release. Broadcom recommends users to transition over to the new replacement endpoints as soon as possible.
Runscope Integration Deprecation
The integration between API Portal and Runscope is deprecated and will be removed from the next release of the Portal. API monitoring tests that you have created from API Portal will continue to run independently in Runscope.
API Developer Portal Release and Support Lifecycle Dates
For more information on product release support lifecycle dates and upcoming End-Of-Service dates, see the API Developer Portal Release and Support Lifecycle Dates page.