Manage Password Policy
Password policy defines the rules for password creation.
Password policy defines the rules for password creation. The policy is applied to a user account creation and during password change.
API Management SaaShas default password policy. A Portal Admin can modify the password rules to enforce password complexity in
API Management SaaSand can enforce users to employ strong passwords by defining password policies.
Follow these steps:
- Log in as a Portal Admin.
- From the menu bar, select the gear icon,Authentication.
- On theAuthentication Schemespage, for the CA APIM authentication scheme type, click the down arrow in theActionssection, and then selectEdit.
- In the Edit Authentication Scheme page, select thePassword Policyoption in the left navigation pane and configure the following rules:SettingDescriptionMinimum Password LengthEnter the minimum number of characters (8 through 60) required for the password.Maximum Password LengthEnter the maximum number of characters (8 through 60) for the password.Uppercase CharactersSet the number of uppercase letters that are required for the password.Lowercase CharactersSet the number of lowercase letters that are required for the password.Numeric CharactersSets how many numbers (0-9) are required for the password.Special CharactersSets how many symbol characters are required for the password.
- Define the Account Lockout Policy, and then clickNext:
- Maximum Failed AttemptsSet the maximum number of allowed login attempts to safeguard against brute-force, or attempts to guess passwords. After the specified number of consecutive attempts, the user account is locked.
- Account Lock DurationDetermines the number of minutes a locked-out user account remains locked out before automatically getting unlocked.
- (Optional) To edit the CA APIM authentication details, select theBasic Detailslink on the left navigation pane. Specify the provider name, provider icon, Provider description, and then clickNext.By default, CA icon is set as the provider icon. Provide a different PNG file to change the icon, and ensure that the file size must not exceed 500 KB.