Install Offline Help
By default, the Policy Manager online help retrieves content from "http://docops.ca.com/gateway99", where "99" is the version of the (for example: "90"=version 9.0, "91"=version 9.1). This ensures that you see the version appropriate to your installation when you access the documentation. An offline version of the documentation is available if your organization's policies restrict access to external web sites. This offline content is displayed whenever the Policy Manager help is invoked.
An offline version of the documentation is available if your organization's policies restrict access to external web sites. This offline content is displayed whenever the Policy Manager help is invoked.
Prerequisite:A web server accessible by
httpsmust be available to host the offline help. The offline package cannot be installed on a local hard drive.
(1) The offline documentation package from CA Technologies is updated less frequently than the online version and may not contain the latest changes and corrections as compared to the online version. (2) It is possible to run the offline help from a local drive: simply unzip the archive and run "index.html". Note that the Policy Manager cannot be configured to invoke the offline help if it is installed in this manner.
To install the offline help:
- Download the offline documentation set.
- Download the offline documentation archive,using the link under "Layer7 API Gateway Offline Documentation" in Release Notes.
- Extract the archive and locate this file:Layer7_API_Gateway_doc-<version>.zip
- Unzip the above file and upload it to a web server accessible byhttporhttps.
- Configure the Policy Manager to point to the offline set.
- Run the Manage Cluster-Wide Properties task in the Policy Manager.
- Modify thehelp.urlproperty to run theindex.htmlfile within the offline set on the web server. For example, if the documentation was uploaded to "www.OfflineHelpServer.com", then set help.url to:http://www.OfflineHelpServer.com/index.html
The offline documentation is available the next time you log in to the Policy Manager (Help > Help System).