Connect to Outbound WebSocket Assertion
Connect to Outbound WebSocketassertion allows you to establish an outbound WebSocket connection using a specified WebSocket connection entity that is selected implicitly from the policy context. The assertion fails for invalid configurations and unsuccessful connection upgrade.
Using the Assertion:
- Do one of the following:
- To add the assertion to the policy development window, see Add an Assertion. You can also right-click anywhere in the policy development window and then select Add 'All' Folder. This creates an assertion folder in the policy window.
- To change the configuration of an existing assertion, proceed toStep 2below.
- When adding the assertion, theConnect to Outbound WebSocket Propertiesdialog automatically appears; when modifying the assertion, right-clickConnect to Outbound WebSocketin the policy window and selectConnect to Outbound WebSocket Propertiesor double-click the assertion in the policy window. The assertion properties are displayed.
- Configure the connection properties as necessary:
- TheSourcefield is auto-filled torequest. You cannot edit this field.
- TheDestinationfield is auto-filled toresponse. You cannot edit this field.
- TheFalsify if the connection upgrade is not successfulcheckbox, when selected, fails the assertion if unsuccessful connection upgrade response is received from the backend. If this checkbox is cleared, the backend response is populated into the response message. By default, this checkbox is selected.
- ClickOKto save.
This assertion populates the following properties with a common prefix,
websocket, as shown below:
- websocket.url:Specifies the outbound WebSocket connection URL.
- websocket.statusCode:Specifies the outbound WebSocket connection upgrade status.
- websocket.reason:Specifies the outbound WebSocket connection upgrade reason text.