Requirements and Compatibility
This topic describes the supported versions of various technologies by the Layer7 API Gateway.
To determine the compatibility of the current API Gateway version with other APIM products and features, see the APIM Product Compatibility Chart.
The API Gateway does not support Oracle VirtualBox for virtualization.
Hardware Security Modules
Supported hardware security modules:
- nShield Solo+ (nCipher)
- nShield Connect+
- nShield ConnectXC
- SafeNet Luna SA Network HSM Client v5.4.1 and v7.2Beginning with Gateway Version 10.0, the Layer7 API Gateway supports the Luna SA Network HSM v7.2 client. Although Gemalto has announced that it will be ending its sale of v5.4.1 in early 2020, CA-Broadcom will continue to provide best-of-ability support for customers who plan to continue with v5.4.1 of the client. Luna customers should be prepared for v7.2 to become the standard version moving forward.
Policy Manager 10.0.x is required for Gateway 10.0.x.
Supported: Windows 10
Tested: Windows 10
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- A machine running one of the supported platforms for the Policy Manager listed above
- Dedicated workstation recommended, to minimize security risks
- When running the Policy Manager on Linux, AdoptOpenJDK must be properly installed and the JAVA_HOME environment set to the JDK installation directory path
- When running the Policy Manager on Linux, a modern file system such as ext2/ext3 that supports full Linux file semantics instead of a FAT32/NTFS partition. The FAT32/NTFS partition does not allow uid, gid, and symlinks
The browser client version of the Policy Manager is now obsolete for Gateway versions 9.4 CR3 and newer with AdoptOpenJDK.
CA Single Sign-On (formerly "CA SiteMinder")
(Supported in v10.0 CR1)12.8.03
(see note below for more details)
IBM Tivoli Access Manager (TAM)
6.1 (Support is deprecated)
Microsoft Active Directory (MSAD)
Oracle Access Manager (OAM)
CA Single Sign-On Compatibility
It is important to note the difference between the CA Single Sign-On Identity Provider and the CA Single Sign-On SDK:
- The versions listed in the table above describe the versions of the CA Single Sign-OnPolicy Serverthat is supported when the Authenticate Against CA Single Sign-On Assertion is used to authenticate credentials.
- The CA Single Sign-OnSDKthat is currently provided in the distribution archives (see Release Notes for the Layer7 API Gateway Techdocs site) is version 12.52 SP01 CR9, which is compatible with RHEL 6 and 7.
- (Available in v10.0 CR1)The CA Single Sign-OnSDKthat is currently provided in the distribution archives is version 12.8.03, which is compatible with RHEL 6 and later.
Message Queuing Products
IBM MQ Series
Supported: 22.214.171.124, 9.x
Tested: 126.96.36.199*, 9.x*
*Note:Versions 188.8.131.52 and 9.x are tested and supported for MQ Native Queue only.
Antivirus (ICAP) Products
The API Gateway is designed to support all ICAP-capable antivirus products or solutions. The latest released versions of the following products are officially tested and supported by Layer7-Broadcom:
Symantec Antivirus Scan Engine
McAfee Web Security
UDDI Registry Products
As of Gateway version 10.0, the UDDI standard is no longer supported.
Databases (JDBC Connector Only)
MS SQL Server
Supported: 8.x, 9.1, 9.5, 9.7 Tested: 9.7
Data Direct Driver
While the Data Direct driver claims support for a list of databases, the
Supported: 2.1.2, 3.0.0, 3.9.0
Third Party Products End of Support Statement
When a third-party product reaches the end of its primary or mainstream support, CA will no longer provide support for that third-party product or any API Gateway components that interoperate with the third party product. Third party products under extended vendor support are not supported by CA. Examples of third party products include but are not limited to: web server, application server, operating system, directory, database, container application platforms, etc.