Appliance Gateway Compatibility
This topic describes the hardware appliances that are compatible with the gateway.
This topic describes the hardware appliances that are compatible with the
Layer7 API Gateway.
Oracle X8-2 Server
(1) CA Technologies recommends using ILOM to connect to the X8-2. Use of a KVM, USB hub, or USB monitor is not recommended. (2) The UEFI partitions on the X8-2 cannot be put in a RAID.
Oracle Server X8-2
Dual Intel Xeon Gold 5218 CPU @ 2.30GHz
Dual 800GB RAID 1 SAS SSD
Six (two onboard and four on PCI card) 10Gbase-T (10GB) NIC
Two 10/25GbE SFP+ fiber ports
Oracle X7-2 Server
(1) CA Technologies recommends using ILOM to connect to the X7-2. Use of a KVM, USB hub, or USB monitor is not recommended. (2) The UEFI partitions on the X7-2 cannot be put in a RAID.
Oracle Server X7-2
Single or Dual Intel Xeon Silver 4114 v3 10-core 2.2 GHz 85 watts
Dual 600GB RAID 1 SAS HDD
Six 10Gbase-T (10GB) NIC (two on board, four on PCI card)
Two 10/25GbE SFP+ fiber ports (not supported by the Gateway)
Oracle X5-2 Server
Oracle Server X5-2: 1U base chassis with motherboard
Single or Dual Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 8-core 2.4 GHz
Dual CPU: 32GB RAM
Single CPU: 16GB RAM
Dual 600GB RAID 1 SAS HDD
Dual CPU: Four 10Gbase-T (10GB) NIC
Single CPU: Dual 10Gbase-T (10GB) NIC
nShield Solo XC Card
nShield Solo XC offers superior asymmetric and symmetric performance and best-in-class elliptic curve cryptography (ECC) transaction rates.
- eIDAS and Common Criteria EAL4 + AVA_VAN.5 and ALC_ FLR.2 certification against EN 419 221-5 Protection Profile, under the Dutch NSCIB scheme
- BSI AIS 20/31 compliant
- FIPS 140-2 Level 2 and Level 3 certification
Full specifications for the Solo XC Card: https://www.entrust.com/digital-security/hsm/products/nshield-hsms/nshield-solo
nShield Solo+ Crypto Accelerator Card
This optional add-on is available only in appliances in the dual CPU hardware configuration.
- On-board hardware security module (HSM); supports hardware-based cryptography using FIPS-approved algorithms: AES, AES GCM, 3DES, SHS, HMAC, RSA, RNG
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certification (Go to: NIST Site)
Full specifications for the Crypto Accelerator Card:
Frequently Asked Questions
Since the optional on-board hardware security module (HSM) is not supported/available for the 1-CPU appliance, how is it possible to achieve FIPS 140-2 Level 3 compliance?
FIPS 140-2 Level 3 compliance is possible with the use of a third-party network-attached HSM.
The specifications for the 1-CPU hardware appliance show that only two 10GE ports are supported; is this correct?
Yes. While the 1-CPU appliance has four physical network ports, only two of them are active and it is not possible to re-enable the inactive ports.
If you require four network ports, then you need the dual CPU appliance.
Does the hardware appliance support the optical fiber network interfaces?
The NIC installed in the hardware appliance only supports copper network interfaces. Optical fiber is not supported.