Requirements and Compatibility
This topic describes the supported versions of various technologies by the gateway.
This topic describes the supported versions of various technologies by the
Layer7 API Gateway.
Layer7 API Gateway
Policy Manager and XML VPN Client
To minimize security risks, install the Policy Manager software on a dedicated workstation.
Supported: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, Windows Server 2003 2008
Tested: Windows XP, 7, 10, Windows Server 2003, 2008
Fedora Core 10 through 15
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6
8, 9, 10
Hardware Security Modules (HSM)
Supported hardware security modules:
- Thales nShield Solo+ (nCipher)
- Thales nShield Connect
- SafeNet Luna SA Network HSM v5.4.1
- A machine running one of the supported platforms for the Policy Manager listed above
- Dedicated workstation recommended, to minimize security risks
- When running the Policy Manager on Linux or Solaris, a Java 8 JDK must be properly installed and the JAVA_HOME environment set to the JDK installation directory path
- When running the Policy Manager on Linux, a modern file system such as ext2/ext3 that supports full Linux file semantics instead of a FAT32/NTFS partition. The FAT32/NTFS partition does not allow uid, gid, and symlinks
- Java version 1.8
- Network access to one or more Gateways with a valid HTTP URI, through port 8443.
- If running browser client version: ensure Java 8 Update 102 or higher is installed, with a supported Web browser
- Browser support for the Policy Manager Browser Client and theLayer7 API Gateway- Enterprise Service Manager.
Tested against latest versions
Tested against latest versions
Other browsers may work, but CA Technologies cannot not ensure performance, security, and compatibility if used.
Other CA API Management Products
The following product versions work together. Be sure your product versions are matched to a specific set.
Supported Version Set #1
Supported Version Set #2
CA API Management OAuth Toolkit
CA Mobile API Gateway
Mobile SDK for CA Mobile API Gateway
1.7, 1.6, 1.3
1.7, 1.6, 1.5, 1.4
Mobile Developer Console
CA Mobile API Gateway: Samsung SDS Nexsign Integration
* OTK 4.1 requires a compatibility patch to work with MAG 4.0
(1) All minor versions (CRs) are supported as part of the major releases. (2) Cassandra 3x is not supported in
CA Single Sign-On (formerly "CA SiteMinder")
12sp3, 12.51, 12.52
Sun JSAM (replaced by OpenSSO)
IBM Tivoli Access Manager (TAM)
Microsoft Active Directory (MSAD)
Oracle Access Manager (OAM)
Message Queuing Products
IBM MQ Series
Supported: 7.0, 7.1, 7.1.01, 8.0
Tested: 7.0, 7.1, 18.104.22.168*
Note:Version 22.214.171.124 is tested and supported for MQ Native Queue only.
Supported: 5.3.2, 5.15.0
Antivirus (ICAP) Products
Symantec Antivirus Scan Engine
McAfee Web Security
UDDI Registry Products
Centrasite Active SOA
8.0, 8.1, 8.2
Databases (JDBC Connector Only)
While the Data Direct driver claims support for a list of databases, the
Layer7 API Gatewayis actively tested on a small subset of that list. Support for issues may involve additional support from Data Direct.
MS SQL Server
Supported: 2000 and higher
Supported: 8.x, 9.1, 9.5, 9.7
Supported: Community or Standard Edition 5.0 and higher
Tested: Standard Edition 5.5
Tested: 11.2, 12c
Datastores (non-SQL Based)
Supported: 2.1.2, 3.0.0, 3.9.0