Requirements and Compatibility
This topic describes the supported versions of various technologies by the gateway.
This topic describes the supported versions of various technologies by the
CA API Gateway.
CA API Gateway
Policy Manager and XML VPN Client
To minimize security risks, install the Policy Manager software on a dedicated workstation.
Supported: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, Windows Server 2003, 2008
Tested: Windows XP, 7, 10, Windows Server 2003, 2008
Fedora Core 10 through 15
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6
SuSE Linux 10
8, 9, 10
Hardware Security Modules (HSM)
Supported hardware security modules:
- Thales nShield Solo+ (nCipher)
- Thales nShield Connect
- SafeNet Luna SA Network HSM v5.4.1
- A machine running one of the supported platforms for the Policy Manager listed above
- Dedicated workstation recommended, to minimize security risks
- When running the Policy Manager on Linux or Solaris, a Java 8 JDK must be properly installed and the JAVA_HOME environment set to the JDK installation directory path
- When running the Policy Manager on Linux, a modern file system such as ext2/ext3 that supports full Linux file semantics instead of a FAT32/NTFS partition. The FAT32/NTFS partition does not allow uid, gid, and symlinks
- Java version 1.8
- Network access to one or more Gateways with a valid HTTP URI, through port 8443.
- If running browser client version: ensure Java 8 Update 102 or higher is installed, with a supported Web browserFeature DeprecationFor Gateway versions 9.3 CR5 and newer with AdoptOpenJDK, the browser client version of the Policy Manager will no longer be available.
For Gateway versions 9.3 CR5 and newer with AdoptOpenJDK, the browser client version of the Policy Manager will no longer be available
Browser support for the Policy Manager Browser Client.
Tested against latest versions
Tested against latest versions
Other browsers not listed above may work, but CA Technologies cannot not ensure performance, security, and compatibility if used.
Other CA API Management Products
CA API Management OAuth Toolkit
CA Mobile API Gateway
Mobile SDK for CA Mobile API Gateway
Mobile Developer Console
CA Mobile API Gateway: Samsung SDS Nexsign Integration
All minor versions (CRs) are supported as part of the major releases.
CA Single Sign-On (formerly "CA SiteMinder")
12sp3, 12.51, 12.52, 12.7*
(*see note below for more details)
Sun JSAM (replaced by OpenSSO)
IBM Tivoli Access Manager (TAM)
Microsoft Active Directory (MSAD)
Oracle Access Manager (OAM)
It is important to note the difference between the CA Single Sign-On Identity Provider and the CA Single Sign-On SDK:
- The versions listed in the table above describe the versions of the CA Single Sign-OnPolicy Serverthat is supported when the Authenticate Against CA Single Sign-On Assertion is used to authenticate credentials.
- The CA Single Sign-OnSDKthat is currently provided in the Install the CA Single Sign-On SDK for Software Gateways.
Message Queuing Products
IBM MQ Series
Supported: 7.0, 7.1, 7.1.01, 8.0
Tested: 7.0, 7.1, 18.104.22.168*
*Note:Version 22.214.171.124 is tested and supported for MQ Native Queue only.
Antivirus (ICAP) Products
Symantec Antivirus Scan Engine
McAfee Web Security
UDDI Registry Products
Centrasite Active SOA
8.0, 8.1, 8.2
Databases (JDBC Connector Only)
While the Data Direct driver claims support for a list of databases, the
CA API Gatewayis actively tested on a small subset of that list. Support for issues may involve additional support from Data Direct.
MS SQL Server
Supported: 2000 and higher
Supported: 8.x, 9.1, 9.5, 9.7
Supported: Community or Standard Edition 5.0 and higher
Tested: Standard Edition 5.7
Tested: 11.2, 12c
Datastores (non-SQL Based)
Supported: 2.1.2, 3.0.0, 3.9.0