Enroll with Portal
Enroll with Portaltask enrolls an on-premise
API Gatewaycluster to serve as the API proxy for CA API Management SaaS ("the Portal"). When the enrollment is complete, the Portal Administrator gains Gateway Administrator privileges.
To access this task: Tasks > Extensions and Add-Ons > Enroll with Portal
You do not need to run the Enroll with Portal task if: (1) You are currently running the CA API Developer Portal (Portal server is on-premise). (2) You have purchased the CA API Management SaaS product (both Portal and API Proxy exist in the cloud).
- Ensure that the CA API Management OAuth Toolkit is installed on the on-premise Gateway, with the default parameters:
- No prefix
- Default JDBC Connection name (OAuth)
- Obtain the enrollment URL from the CA API Developer Portal SaaS::
- Log in as the administrator on the Developer Portal SaaS home page. The system detects that enrollment is necessary.
- On the Enrollment URL page, copy the URL that is displayed. Do not close the page, as a connection test is performed after the URL is pasted into the Policy Manager.For added security, use the enrollment URL promptly and keep it confidential. Anyone who obtains this URL before it is used can enroll a different Gateway with the Portal.
What you should know...
Paste the URL obtained from the Portal as described under "Prerequisites".
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did the enrollment not work?
Check the following:
Can I obtain the Portal URL from CA Support?
No. You must obtain the URL from the CA API Developer Portal SaaS. CA Support cannot provide this URL to you.
What happens if the Portal URL expires before I can use it?
Simply log in to the Developer SaaS Portal again and a new URL is generated.