Manage Cluster-Wide Properties
The Manage Cluster-Wide Properties task is used to configure settings for your node. If your node is part of a cluster, all other nodes in the cluster inherit the new settings as well.
Manage Cluster-Wide Propertiestask is used to configure settings for your
API Gatewaynode. If your node is part of a cluster, all other nodes in the cluster inherit the new settings as well.
Assertions that can use context variables can also indirectly read cluster-wide properties through the
}variable. For more information, see Multivalued Context Variables.
For a list of all the properties that can be configured, see Gateway Cluster Properties.
It is not possible to reference context variables within a cluster-wide property. The variable does not resolve at run time.
To manage cluster-wide properties:
- In the Policy Manager, select[Tasks] > Global Settings > Manage Cluster-Wide Propertiesfrom the Main Menu (on the browser client, from the Manage menu). The Manage Cluster-Wide Properties appear.
- Select one of the following actions:ActionDescriptionAdd a cluster property
Modify a property value
- Click [Add].
- Enter the cluster property name in theKey fieldwhich is auto-complete.
- Enter a value for the property in theValuefield. The value must be a valid value listed in the property's description. Note that this only applies to cluster properties with clearly defined values; properties with freeform values (e.g., log.levels) are not validated.For a description of the format of expected values, see "Time Units" under Gateway Cluster Properties.
- Click [OK]. This value is now used by all nodes in the cluster.
Remove a property
- Select the key to modify.
- Click [Edit]. The Edit Cluster Property dialog appears.If the property you are editing has a description, that description is displayed above the Key. If not, the description box is blank.
- Enter a new valid value for the property.
- Click [OK]. The value for the key is updated.
- Select the key to delete.
- Click [Remove]. The key is deleted immediately. The property value reverts to the default listed in Time Units.
- Click [Close] when done.