Manage Email Listeners
You can configure the to periodically poll an email server for SOAP messages to process. If a new message is found, it is retrieved from the server and processed.
You can configure the
API Gatewayto periodically poll an email server for SOAP messages to process. If a new message is found, it is retrieved from the server and processed.
An email listener can receive emails from either a POP3 server or an IMAP 4/IMAP4rev1 server and supports SSL encryption. Multiple email listeners may be configured at once. While the
API Gatewaycan process SOAP messages from email traffic, it cannot return a response.
Email listeners can use the internal trust store for trusting email server certificates when using SSL. If the certificate is signed by a root signing authority, then it is trusted. If not, then you must import the certificate into the trust store and specify that the certificate is trusted for outbound SSL connections. For more information, see Add Certificate Wizard; in step 3, select the "Outbound SSL Connection" option.
To manage email listeners:
- In the Policy Manager, select[Tasks] > Transports > Manage Email Listenersfrom the Main Menu (on the browser client, from theManagemenu). The Manage Email Listeners dialog appears.
- The email listeners configured are displayed. Choose an action to perform:To...Do this...Create a new email listener
Clone an existing email listener
- Click [Create]. The Add Email Listener dialog appears.
- Configure the new listener. For a description of each property, see Email Listener Properties.
Remove an email listener
- Select the listener to clone.
- Click [Clone].
- Edit the Email Listener Properties as required.
As an alternative to remove the listener, you can disable it instead. To disable a listener, view its properties and clear the Active check box.View or edit the properties for an email listener
- Select the listener to remove.
- Click [Remove].The listener is removed from the list.
- Select the listener to view or edit.
- Click [Properties].The Email Listener Properties are displayed.
- Edit the properties as required.
- Click [Close] when done.