Manage UDDI Registries
The can search and publish a web service listed in a supported UDDI (Universal Description, Discovery and Integration) registry. The gateway uses the APIs in a supported UDDI registry product to retrieve WSDL information about the web services registered in the UDDI registry. UDDI search results are initiated and displayed in the and the .
API Gatewaycan search and publish a web service listed in a supported UDDI (Universal Description, Discovery and Integration) registry. The
CA API Gatewayuses the APIs in a supported UDDI registry product to retrieve WSDL information about the web services registered in the UDDI registry. UDDI search results are initiated and displayed in the Publish SOAP Web Service Wizard.
For a list of the registry types supported, see "UDDI Registry Products" in Requirements and Compatibility.
The Manage UDDI Registries task is used to create, remove, or edit UDDI registries. Ensure that the UDDI registry product has been correctly installed, configured, and is accessible to the Gateway.
API Gatewayonly has HTTPS endpoints, ensure that the specific UDDI registry has been configured to trust the
API GatewaySSL certificate. For assistance, please contact your administrator for the UDDI registry.
To manage UDDI registries:
- In the Policy Manager, select[Tasks] > Global Settings > Manage UDDI Registriesfrom the Main Menu (on the browser client, from the Manage menu). The Manage UDDI Registries dialog appears.
- The following table describes each column; these are set in the UDDI registry's properties:ColumnDescriptionEnabledIndicates whether the UDDI registry is enabled. If disabled, the UDDI registry is no longer usable, but it will continue to be displayed in drop-down lists showing all registries.UDDI Registry NameA name that identifies the UDDI registry. This name must be unique.Base URLThe URL for the UDDI registry. This URL is unique because it is not possible to register the same UDDI registry more than once.UDDI Registry TypeThe type of UDDI registry that was published.
- Select a task to perform:To...Do this...Add a new UDDI registry
Clone an existing UDDI registry
- Click [Create].
- Complete the UDDI Registry Properties.
Remove a UDDI registry
- Select the registry to clone.
- Click [Clone].
- Edit the UDDI Registry Properties as required.
(1) While it is possible to remove a UDDI registry that is currently in use, information published to that registry will not be removed. You must manually delete the various published items or use the native UDDI interface of the registry. (2) When removing a UDDI registry, previously published information will be deleted from theAPI Gateway(the UDDI registry itself is not affected).View or edit the properties of a UDDI registry
- Select the registry to remove.
- Click [Remove].
- Click [OK] to confirm. The UDDI registry is removed from theAPI Gatewayrecords.
- Select the UDDI registry to view.
- Click [Properties]. See UDDI Registry Properties for details.
- Click [Close] when done.