An overview of features and basic use of the product.
Use the following process to get started with
CA Live API Creator, based on the components:
- Verify the PrerequisitesBefore you get started withCA Live API Creator, review the videos. These materials give you an introduction toCA Live API Creator.For more information about the videos, see Videos.
- Install an API ServerAPI Server operates as a WAR file. You deploy it into standard containers on-premises or in the cloud.For more information about how to install an API Server, see Installing and Upgrading.
- Log in to API Creator & Get an OverviewUse the information that is on the Welcome Window in API Creator to get an overview of API Creator.For more information about how to log in to API Creator, see Create your API Project.
- Create an APIAPI Server requires access to your database, whether it be stored in the cloud or within your firewall. Create an API by connecting to a database (or use the Northwind Derby database) or create a database. You can create an API automatically or with control over data access/SQL.For more information:
- Secure Access to your APIYou secure access to your API using:
- Authentication.Also known as identity management, authentication controls who can see and use your APIs. To facilitate development, you can use the built-in authentication provider.For more information about authentication, see Authentication.
- Role-based access control (RBAC).You can secure individual resources and can protect resources, rows, and columns authenticated users can access.For more information about how to assign default access for objects for a given role, see Role-Based Endpoint Access.