Install the Single-User Demonstration Package
Install the Single-User Demonstration Package
You can install and run
CA Live API Creatoron your computer for your local development by installing the single-user demonstration package of
CA Live API Creatorthat is based on Jetty (the demonstration package).
The following video demonstrates how to install the single-user demonstration package of
CA Live API Creator.
In this article:
Verify the Prerequisites for Installation
Before you install this demonstration package, ensure that you have completed the following prerequisite steps:
- You have installed the Java SE Development Kit (JDK) version thatCA Live API Creatorsupports.For more information:
- You have created aJAVA_HOMEenvironment variable and set the value to point to the JDK installation directory.If you have not already done this, complete the following based on your operating system:(Windows)Set the value for theJAVA_HOMEenvironment variable as the path to your JDK installation. If you did not change the path during installation, it is something likeC:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_92. If the path contains spaces, use the shortened path name, for example,C:\PROGRA~2\Java\jdk1.8.0_92. Close and re-open any command line windows that you had open before you made these changes, since you cannot reload environment variables from an active command prompt. If the changes do not take effect after reopening the command window, restart Windows.(Mac)From terminal, set theJAVA_HOMEenvironment variable using the following command:export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/Home
- You have at least 500 MB of free disk space.
Install the Demonstration Package
- Create a local directory calledlac.
- Copy the demonstration package (the zip file) into this local directory.
- Unzip the file.
lacdirectory should look similar to the directory that is shown in the following image:
The demonstration package is installed.
CA Live API Creator
Complete the following procedures after you have installed the demonstration package.
Start API Server
- From a command line or Terminal, change directories to the location of the demonstration package by issuing the following command:cd lac/CALiveAPICreator-eval-5.1.00
- Start API server by issuing the following command:(Windows)start.bat(Unix/Mac)sh Start.sh
API Server is started when the following message appears:
*********************************************************LAC is started and initializedStart your Browser at http://localhost:8080/APICreator/#/*********************************************************
Log in to API Creator
- Enter the following URL into a web browser window:http://localhost:8080/APICreatorThis installation assumes that the port is 8080, but you can change it to another port.For more information about how to adjust the port thatCA Live API Creatorruns on, see the "Adjust the Port that CA Live API Creator Runs On" section.The API Creator logon authentication dialog opens.
- Log in to API Creator as the API developer (admin) user. Complete the following fields, and then clickLogin:UsernameEnteradminas the username for the initial API developer.PasswordEnterPassword1as the password for the initial API developer.
- If this is your first time logging in to API Creator, accept the terms of the End User License Agreement (EULA).You must accept these terms before you can use API Creator.You are logged in to API Creator. The landing page is the APIs page.From this page you can access the Learning Center (by clicking theLearning Centertile) and the API samples that are included with this installation (by clicking an API tile).
- Get started by clickingQuick Starttab in the Context help that is open on the right.For more information about the Quick Start, see Quick Start.
Complete the following procedures if you experience issues with installing the demonstration package or logging in to API Creator.
Adjust the Port that
CA Live API CreatorRuns On
If you are running an application on your machine that is already using port 8080, you can get port conflict issues when logging in to API Creator. The following error message appears:
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:437)at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:429)
You can adjust the port that
CA Live API Creatorruns on. Open (for Mac) the
Start.shor (for Windows) the
Start.batscript, alter the port number for the
LAC_PORTvalue, for example, to
8181, and then save your changes. When logging in to API Creator, use this port in the URL.
For the example of adjusting the port that
CA Live API Creatorruns on to
8181, log in to API Creator by entering the following URL into a web browser window:
Check the Java Version
You can check your Java version and whether you have JDK installed by starting a command line/terminal and issuing the following commands:
java -version (checks that Java is installed and available)javac -version (checks that the JDK is installed)