Get an introduction to how CA Live API Creator works by following the workflow in Getting Started.
Use the following process to get started with
Layer7 Live API Creator, based on the components:
- InstallLayer7 Live API CreatorFor more information about the various options you can use to installLayer7 Live API Creator, see Installing and Upgrading.
- Get started with API Creator using the Quick StartThe Quick Start is a step-by-step walkthrough of the key uses for usingLayer7 Live API Creator.
- Explore the Conference Offers and Management API samplesYou can explore these samples in API Creator. On the APIs page, click theLearning Center - Introductiontile, then click theExampletab in the Learning Center. The high-level steps illustrate creating a microservice, starting from design to outcome.These API samples are included with the single-user demonstration package ofLayer7 Live API Creatorthat is based on Jetty and with theLayer7 Live API CreatorDocker container installation. You can also load these API samples if you have installedLayer7 Live API Creatoron another Java container.For more information about these API samples, see Conference Offers and Management API Samples.
- Watch the videosGet an introduction toLayer7 Live API Creatorby watching the videos.
- Create your APICustomize your API by connecting and integrating one or more enterprise data sources (SQL or NoSQL) or existing APIs inLayer7 Live API Creatorby way of JDBC or APIs.For more information about how to create your API, including how to connect to your database when creating an API in API Creator, see Creating APIs.
- Review the best practicesFor a list of the best practices, see Best Practices.