You can capture business requirements, and the logic that implements them, into topics by grouping your rules into topics. Topics are methodology-neutral and provide clarity in the review of your business logic. They can represent Agile user stories or behavior-driven development (BDD) stories/behaviors that capture and group the business requirements and the business rules that implement them. For each behavior (such as Check Credit), enter it as a topic.
In this article:
Add a Topic
- With your API open, in the Create section, clickAPI Properties.TheOverviewtab appears.
- Click theTopicstab.Your topics are displayed in the topics list.
- Above the topics list, clickAdd.A new topic is displayed in the list.
- Complete the following, and then save your changes:
- Enter a name and a summary for the topic forTopic nameandSummary.
- Assign a color to the topic to improve visualization of this topic forColor.
- In the rich text section, record the description for this topic and the rules to which you want to associate to this topic.This becomes theDescriptionfor this topic.
The topic is added.
Link a Topic to an Artifact
- On theTopicstab, select the topic from which you want to link other artifacts.
- In the rich text section, add hyperlinks to the artifact, and then save your changes.
Associate a Rule to a Topic
Group rules together by associating them to topics. Within the topic definition, you can map Agile user stories or requirements to the topic. You can associate a rule to one or more topics.
Prerequisite:You have added the topic to which you want to associate the rule.
- With your API open, in the Create section, clickRules.A list of rules display on theBy entitytab.
- Click the rule that you want associate to the topic.
- Click theTopicsfield, select the rule, and then save your changes.
The rule is associated to the topic.
Filter Rules by Topic
You can filter rules to those of interest for development and for business-user communication.
- From theBy entitytab, click theBy topictab.
- A list of rules display organized by topic. The following image shows the Check Credit topic for theDemoAPI sample:
- Filter rules by a selected topic.