ADDRESS SYSVIEWE -- Interface to CA SYSVIEW
The OPS/REXX ADDRESS SYSVIEWE host environment sends commands directly to CA SYSVIEW.
The ADDRESS SYSVIEWE host environment provides a direct interface to the CA SYSVIEW product without requiring the use of CA GSS. The ADDRESS SYSVIEWE host environment sends commands directly to CA SYSVIEW and returns output from those commands directly to the OPS/REXX external data queue.
For an example of how to use ADDRESS SYSVIEW, see member SYSVIEWE of the
hlq.CCLXSAMP data set.
For example, the following code:
ADDRESS SYSVIEWE "COMMAND(LINKLIST)" "COMMAND(END)" do while QUEUED() > 0 pull line say line end
Produces output similar to the following:
MGSVX900I CA SYSVIEW 12.5 COPYRIGHT 2009 CA. INC. T|SYSVIEW|12.5|LA88|LINKLIST|10/09/09|14:50:31| I JOBNAME USER104 ASID 012C JOBID TSU03947 I SETNAME LNKLST00 STATUS CURRENT IPL CHK ALLOCATIONS ACTIVE I LLA SEARCH AVAILABLE EXTENTS 109 I LIBRARIES 89 ALLOC 0 OPEN 0 H|CMD|DATASET-NAME |XTN|VOLSER|APF|MESSAGE D| |SYS1.LINKLIB | 2|MVRB14|APF| D| |SYS1.MIGLIB | 1|MVRB14|APF| D| |SYS1.CMDLIB | 1|MVRB14|APF|
ADDRESS SYSVIEWE Return Codes
The ADDRESS SYSVIEWE host environment produces these return codes:
- 100ADDRESS SYSVIEWE cannot be used in a rule.
- 103LOAD failed for the SYSVIEWE API module.
All of the return codes below 100 are documented in the CA SYSVIEW guides. For more information about these return codes and other aspects of the CA SYSVIEW API, see the CA SYSVIEW guides.
Return code 36 indicates a problem with the REXX external data queue. In most cases this means that the external data queue overflowed.
Usage Notes for ADDRESS SYSVIEWE
Keep these points in mind when using the ADDRESS SYSVIEWE host environment:
- The CA SYSVIEW load library must be accessible to the task executing the executing the command, by means of either STEPLIB or LNKLST.
- The ADDRESS SYSVIEWE host environment is not available in AOF rules.
- The END command must be the last command you send to the API. As a result of the END command, the RC variable is set to 20 to indicate that the API has terminated.
- The first character in each returned line indicates the type of data being returned.