Submit a Procedure in Batch Mode
This section provides the steps for submitting a procedure in batch mode. In this section, you will learn to do the following:
You must save an extract procedure before submitting it for batch execution.
Specify JCL Parameters for Batch
The Submit - Build JCL Parameters panel lets you specify the JCL execution parameters for the procedure you are submitting.
To specify the JCL parameters for batch submission, complete the following fields:
- Complete the Execution Options fields as follows:
- Review the SELECTED and AVAILABLE fields and confirm the appropriate number of objects, reports, and actions.
- EnterYin the Edit Objects, Edit Reports, or Edit Actions fields. Y lets you view these components and cancel the selection of any items you do not want to include during the submission. For more information, seeCustomize Execution.
- TypeB(Batch) to execute the procedure in Batch Execution Mode.
- Specify the scan option in the Collection Type field.
- Specify whether to process any report procedures that are tied to an execution procedure in the Create Reports field.
- Specify whether to process any action procedures that are tied to an extract procedure in the Create Action JCL field.
- Complete the Collection Options fields as follows:
- Enter the name of the Db2 subsystem containing theDatabase Analyzerstatistical tables in the Statistics Subsystem field.
- Enter the maximum number of audit errors that are permitted per tablespace or indexspace in the Audit Errors Allowed field.
- Enter the number of read-ahead buffers to allocate for processing I/O in the VSAM Buffers field. Read-ahead buffers are 4,096 bytes each, corresponding to the CI size of the object.
- Enter the number of concurrent object scans to perform in the Nbr of Scans field. Enter at least one. The more scans that you perform, the faster the statistics collection processing occurs.
- Enter the WTOR (Write to Operator with Reply) routing code in the WTOR Code field. The WTOR routing code sendsDatabase Analyzermessages to one or more operator consoles and the system log.
- Complete the Report Options fields as follows:
- Specify whether to redirect reports to a data set in the Redirection field. If you do not redirect, the reports print as specified on the Build Report Procedures panel.
- (Optional) Enter a data set name in the Lib field. (Enter a name only if you enteredYin the Redirection field.)
- Complete the Action Options fields as follows:
- Specify a destination (JES, data set, or preview) in the Action JCL Destination field.
- Specify a target member name for the generated action job.
- Enter a fully qualified PDS library, with or without quotes, in the Action JCL Library field.
- Enteroneof the following in the Related Models: Jobcard field:
- The default model JCL member MJJOBCD
- A custom member name
- An asterisk (*), alone or as a trailing wildcard to request a member selection list
- (Optional) Enter a member name for pre- and post-action steps.
- Enter the fully qualified name of theDatabase Analyzerlibrary containing theDatabase Analyzermodel member JCL members in the Related Models Library field.
The Batch JCL Specification panel appears.
Specify the Job Stream Destination
The Batch JCL Specification panel lets you define parameters for batch execution. The fields on this panel control what happens to the batch job that is submitted to the Batch Processor. For example, you can save the job to a data set and then use a job scheduling system to execute the job at predetermined times.
To specify the job stream destination, complete the following fields:
- EnterJ(JES),D(Data set), orP(Preview) in the Destination field (under Execution Specifications).
- Complete the Output JCL Dataset Specifications fields as follows:Complete these fields only if you entered a Destination ofD(data set) in the Execution Specifications. If you entered a Destination ofJ(JES) orP(Preview JCL), skip this section.
- Complete the Model JCL Specifications section as follows:
- Enter the name of the library that contains the model JCL in the Model Library field. By default, the member resides in theBroadcomproducts model library.
- Enter the name of the model JCL member in the Model Member field. You can also enter selection criteria to display a Member Selection List.
- Enter the volume serial number in the Volume Serial field, if the data set is not cataloged.
- Specify whether to edit the model JCL member in the Edit Model JCL field.
- Specify whether to display the Model JCL Substitution panel in the Update Values field. This panel lets you replace user-defined symbolic variables with actual values.
- Enter a valid JOB statement in the Job Card Specification section.
The job is submitted for batch execution.
View the Generated Job Stream
After you process a batch job,
Database Analyzerdisplays a message indicating that the job stream was submitted to the output destination.
The Obj Read Access field for the
Database Analyzerprofile lets you control how Db2 objects are read (DIV macro, AUTO, VSAM, or EXCP reads).
Database Analyzerstores the value for this field in your profile and in the batch control cards. When you submit an extract procedure, the current access value is used during the submission. To change the access value, you must do so
beforesubmitting the extract procedure.
For batch extract JCL members, set the ISPF Profile option to NUMBER OFF and CAPS OFF if they are not already set OFF before you submit a job. The ISPF command PROFILE can be used to verify their current setting. This makes sure that the PTIIPT DD control cards are not altered from the way that they were generated by the product. Also, some of the values in those control cards may not be displayable characters by ISPF.