Complete Product Configuration
After you have installed the productgroup and installed product maintenance using CA CSM or Pax-ESD, complete the following tasks.
After you have installed the
CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OSand installed product maintenance using CA CSM or Pax-ESD, complete the following tasks.
- (Optional) Deploy the installed software. Deployment involves simply copying the product SMP/E target data sets onto the systems where you are installing the products.
- (Required) Complete the post-install configuration process. The configuration process tailors the product runtime environment for use on a specific z/OS system. Configuration is accomplished using the ISPF-based Post-Install Tailoring Menu to complete the configuration steps and submit the configuration jobs.
CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OSpost-install configuration process uses the IBM DB2 utilities exclusively. Support for the
Broadcomutilities for DB2 for z/OS is not provided.
Before you begin this process, verify that the installation prerequisites have been met. The product deployment libraries from the installation must be available to the system where you are installing the products.
Follow these steps:
- (Optional) Copy the product SMP/E target libraries onto the systems where you are installing the products to create the deployment libraries.We highly recommend that you complete this step to create a copy of the product SMP/E target libraries to keep the product SMP/E environment clean. This step also isolates the product SMP/E environment from the runtime foundation that is used in the day-to-day operation of the products.
- Complete the following steps to access the Post-Install Tailoring menu:
- Log in to TSO.
- Enter the TSO command or CLIST option and press Enter.The ISPF Command Shell dialog displays.
- Execute the following command and press Enter:EX 'hlq.CDBACLS0(INSMAIN)' 'hlq'
The Post-Install Tailoring (INS) menu appears. This menu contains the manual steps that are required to complete the post-installation customization processing of theCA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS.On first access, the Post-Install Information panel appears instead. If necessary for your environment or the products you are installing, enter DB2, CICS, and IMS library information. Consult your systems administrator for more information about these values.
- hlqSpecifies the target data sets created during the installation (acquisition, installation, and deployment) process. The first value is for the CDBACLS0 data set where the INSMAIN CLIST is located. The last value is the input parameter into the INSMAIN CLIST. These values are typically the same.
- Select the following options in the order presented:
- Option 0 (Settings) - Define session and environmental options.Defines job submission parameters, selects products to be processed, defines the post-installation libraries (parmlib and control), and defines file allocation parameters.The parmlib and control libraries (hlq.CDBAPARM andhlq.CDBASAMP) are both updated during the configuration process.By default, all installed products are auto-selected for product tailoring (configuration). You can change the default if needed and only select specific products. These selections are saved from session to session.
- Option 1 (Setup) - Create/edit global and product parmlib members.Configures global and product-specific parmlib members.
- Option 2 (Tailor) - Execute product-specific customization tasks.Customizes global and product options.
- Option 3 (Tasks) - Execute DB2 catalog customization tasks.Generates JCL to perform DB2 tasks that are required to execute the products.
- If you are implementing FlashCopy support, initialize the Snapshot General Services component.