Includes steps to acquire, install, deploy and configure your product.
Standard SMP/E installation and maintenance best practices are used to install and maintain
Broadcommainframe z/OS products. The installation process includes all the tasks that are typically performed by a systems programmer to acquire the products and make them ready for use in a production environment.
You can install
Broadcommainframe product software using native IBM® z/OS Management Facility (z/OSMF), CA Chorus™ Software Manager (CA CSM), or native SMP/E batch processing.
z/OSMF and CA CSM are intuitive web-based tools that automate and simplify many installation activities on z/OS systems. These applications also make obtaining and apply corrective, preventive, and recommended maintenance easier.
The following graphic provides a high-level overview of the installation process for
These steps are described in the following procedure:
- Prepare for the installation by reviewing best practices and verifying the software, hardware, security, and other installation requirements have been met.
- Acquire the product software usingoneof the following methods:
- FromBroadcom Support, download a z/OSMF (filename.zOSMF.pax.Z) or classic (filename.pax.Z) package.Only one can be selected.If a z/OSMF package is not available, select the classic package. A z/OSMF package isnotavailable for all products.
- From CA CSM, select a classic package from the product list.You cannot acquire a z/OSMF portable package from CA CSM.
- Perform an SMP/E installation to install the product software usingoneof the following methods:
- If you downloaded a z/OSMF package fromBroadcom Support, install using z/OSMF Deployments.
- If you downloaded a classic package fromBroadcom Support, useeitherof the following options:
- Install using native SMP/E JCL
- Install using CA CSM
- If you downloaded a classic package from CA CSM, start the installation process from theSMP/E Environmentstab in CA CSM.
- Install maintenance using z/OSMF Software Update, SMP/E JCL or CA CSM.We recommend that you use CA SMP/E Internet Service Retrieval to download and receive maintenance. This service lets you acquire maintenance on demand and to schedule an SMP/E job to run as needed. The CA SMP/E Internet Service Retrieval can reduce hours of maintenance time to just minutes, making your system programmers more productive and allowing them to focus on higher value tasks. We also recommend that you migrate existing CSIs to z/OSMF and then use z/OSMF Software Update to manage software updates.
- Finalize the installation:
For these tasks, use the methods that your product supports and in the preferred sequence per your site.
- Configure your product.
- Deploy your product.