Complete Product Configuration
After you install the CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS products and components and installed product maintenance as needed, deploy the products to other systems and configure the products on each system.
After you install the
CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OSproducts and components and installed product maintenance as needed, deploy the products to other systems and then configure the products on each system.
If you are installing on a single system and your site standards allow running out of your SMP/E libraries, deployment is optional.
The post-install configuration process tailors the product runtime environment for use on a specific z/OS system. Configuration is accomplished using the ISPF-based Post-Install Tailoring Menu to complete the configuration steps and submit the configuration jobs. Some configuration tasks are also performed manually outside of the post-install menus. For example, Database Management Data Service (DBM Data Service) and Mainframe Team Center user interface configuration.
CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OSpost-install configuration process uses the IBM DB2 utilities exclusively. Support for the
Broadcomutilities for DB2 for z/OS during post-install processing is not provided.
Follow these steps:
- Complete the following steps to access the Post-Install Tailoring menu:
- Log in to TSO.
- Enter the TSO command or CLIST option and press Enter.The ISPF Command Shell dialog displays.
- Execute the following command and press Enter:EX 'hlq.CDBACLS0(INSMAIN)' '[hlq] [custom_hlq]'
Example of INSMAIN invocation with library override:EX ‘hlq.common.CDBACLS0(INSMAIN)’ ‘.hlq.specific’The Post-Install Tailoring (INS) menu appears. This menu contains the steps that are required to finish the post-installation customization processing of theCA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS.On first access, the Post-Install Information panel appears instead. If necessary for your environment or the products you are installing, enter Db2, CICS, and IMS library information. Consult your systems administrator for more information about these values.
- hlqSpecifies the high-level qualifier for the SMP/E target data sets that were created during installation of theCA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS.
These values are typically the same.
- The firsthlqvalue is for the CDBACLS0 data set where the INSMAIN CLIST is located.
- (Optional) The lasthlqvalue is the input parameter into the INSMAIN CLIST. If this value is omitted, the value is taken from the location of the INSMAIN script that is being executed.
- custom_hlq(Optional) Overrides the high-level qualifier that is used for the parmlib and samplib data sets. If omitted, thehlqof parmlib and samplib is equal to thehlqparameter. Individual overrides for the parmlib and samplib can be specified during post-install tailoring. See Set Current Post-Install Libraries in Define Session and Environmental Options.
- Select the following options in the order presented:
- Define Site-Specific Session and Environmental Options.Defines job submission parameters, selects the products to be processed, defines or overrides the current post-installation libraries (parmlib and control), and defines file allocation parameters. The job header definition is saved for each user individually.By default, all installed products are auto-selected for product tailoring (configuration). You can change the default to select only specific products. These selections are saved from session to session and shared between users.The parmlib and control libraries (hlq.CDBAPARM andhlq.CDBASAMP) are both updated during the configuration process. Library overrides are unsaved between the sessions. Allocation parameters are saved to a SAMP data set member.
- Set Up Global and Product Parmlib MembersCreates and edits global and product-specific parmlib members. If you are upgrading from a previous release, use this option to copy previous release information.You must create the global parmlib membersbeforeyou create the product-specific parmlib members.
- Execute Product Specific Customization.Customizes global and product-specific options. The following tasks must be performed manually outside of the post-install tailoring panels:
- Configure Snapshot General Services
- Execute DB2 Catalog Customization Tasks.Generates JCL to perform DB2 tasks that are required to execute theCA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS.
- If you are implementing FlashCopy support, initialize the Snapshot General Services component as described here.