Review the software requirements for the Broadcom Database Management Solutions for Db2 for z/OS.
Before you install and configure the
Database Management Solutions for Db2, verify that your system meets the following requirements:
- For the supported IBM zEnterprise versions and the supported IBM z/OS versions, see the Mainframe Compatibilities matrix. From this link, select the type of compatibility information you are interested in viewing. For example, Db2, z/OS, CICS, and so on.IBM z/OS with IBM TCP/IP communications is required for Xnet.
- IBM z/OS UNIX System Services (USS) support for zFS file systemsOnly zFS file systems are supported in theBroadcominstallation jobs. To use HFS, you must be able to define the HFS because we are not providing the JCL to do so.zFS is the strategic file system for z/OS UNIX. IBM recommends that you migrate from HFS file systems to zFS file systems.
- IBM 64-bit SDK for z/OS, Java Technology Edition, Version 8 SR6 FP5 minimally is required for the Database Management Data Service (DBM Data Service). This component of theDatabase Management Solutions for Db2is used byMainframe Team Center - Database Management for Db2and the API Mediation Layer.
- One of the following supported releases of IBM Db2 for z/OS must be available on the systems where you install theDatabase Management Solutions for Db2:
- Db211 (all modes)
- Db212 Continuous Delivery (V12R1M100, V12R1M500, V12R1Mnnn)For more information about the supported function levels, see Db2 Version Support.Apply the following maintenancebeforeyou change the default setting of the Db2 DSNZPARM DISALLOW_SSARAUTH to YES:
- SO10907 and SO11684 forallDatabase Management Solutions for Db2
- SO10908 forDetector
- SO10107 forFast Unload
- SO11323 forMerge/Modify
- SO10906 forSYSVIEW for Db2
- IBM Db2 for z/OS utilities are required during the post-installation tailoring process
- TheDatabase Management Solutions for Db2post-installation compare process uses the IBM Db2 utilities exclusively. Support forBroadcomutilities for Db2 for z/OS is not provided during post-installation processing.
- TheBroadcomutilities for Db2 for z/OS invoke the IBM Db2 utilities for certain features. For more information, see the product-specific documentation.
Common Components and ServicesRequirements
- Common Components and Services(CCS) 15.0 with latest maintenanceThe following CCS components are required as noted:
- CAIENF (forSYSVIEW for Db2)
- CAIRIM (forDetector)
- CAIRIM zIIP Enablement Service (required forFast Load,Fast Unload,Rapid Reorg, andSYSVIEW for Db2))Extra maintenance is required forSYSVIEW for Db2. Apply PTF RO73636 when zIIP support is enabled.
- License Management Program (LMP)
- CA Health Checker(see Health Check Support)
- CCS ESM MicroserviceThis component is required by the Database Management Data Service (DBM Data Service) andMainframe Team Center - Database Management for Db2(MTC-DBM) user interface to verify user authorization to mainframe resourcesThe same APPLID must be used for PassTicket configuration in the ESM Microservice, the Xnet STC, and the environment connections that you define for the DBM Data Service. See Address DBM Data Service Security Requirements.
- CCS Data Mover and CCS Message ServiceThese components are required to integrateDetectorandSYSVIEW for Db2withMOI
API Mediation Layer Requirements
The API Mediation Layer consolidates mainframe RESTful API services at a single secure point of access, including the REST API that are provided with the
Database Management Solutions for Db2. To integrate with the API Mediation Layer, see Configure the DBM Data Service.
Endevor for Db2for z/OS Additional Requirements
If you are installing
Endevor for Db2for z/OS, a supported release of
Endevoris required for some functions.
SYSVIEW for Db2can send data to
MOI. For integration instructions, see the
SYSVIEW for Db2, and
- If you are customizing Snapshot General Services to enable FlashCopy support, refer to the software requirements documentation for the devices. Mirroring capabilities are required.
If the CAIRIM service of
Common Components and Services(CCS) is used to initialize Snapshot General Services, apply all related CCS maintenance to ensure correct parameter parsing. Otherwise, valid parameters can trigger error messages.
Mainframe Team Center User Interface Requirements
Mainframe Team Center - Database Management for Db2user interface is installed as part of FMID CINSK00 (DBM Solutions for Db2 for z/OS Base Install) with any product installation from the
Database Management Solutions for Db2solution set. For supported browsers, see Browser Requirements. IBM 64-bit SDK for z/OS, Java Technology Edition, Version 8 SR6 FP5 minimally is required.
Some post-installation customization panels use compiled REXX programs. If you do not have the Library for REXX on zSeries installed, use the Alternate Library for REXX so that the compiled REXX programs can run. For more information about the Alternate Library, see the IBM documentation.
To use the
Mainframe Team Center - Database Management for Db2user interface, ensure that you have applied all related maintenance and address the following requirements:
- InstallCommon Components and Services(CCS) Release 14.1 or Version 15.0 and deploy and configure the ESM Microservice deployed and configured. For more information, see theCommon Components and Servicesdocumentation.
- CustomizeDetectorto view performance data in the user interface. This task includes preparing the PDT parmlib member and control file.(Optional) Apply PTFs RO96037, RO96038, and SO00761 to useDetectorVersion 19.0 metrics in the Mainframe Team Center user interface. If only 19.0 metrics are used, you can skip the 20.0 post-installation customization tasks forDetector, Xmanager, and Xnet. You must still configure the DBM Data Service and configure the Mainframe Team Center user interface.
- CustomizeRC/Queryto view administration data in the user interface. This task includes preparing the OFA, OFS, and RCQ parmlib members. If you are installingRC/Queryfor the first time, you must also initialize the report table to add default entries. If you are installing maintenance forRC/Query, this task does not need to be executed.
- Customize Xnet.Complete Xnet customization for each Xmanager where the data collectors are integrated with the DBM Data Service.
- Configure the Mainframe Team Center User Interface.This step configures the DBM Data Service and MTC-DBM user interface using the DBM for Db2 Configuration Utility. This step also addresses the security requirements for MTC-DBM. Communication with the user interface is encrypted using certificates. For information about the required certificates, see Define the Mainframe Team Center Started Task User ID.
REST API Requirements
The DBM Data Service component of the
Database Management Solutions for Db2hosts a RESTful API that enables access to Db2 data and metrics that are collected by the following products:
- SYSVIEW for Db2
The DBM Data Service allows mainframe and non-mainframe applications to use the REST APIs that are hosted by the service.
You can also integrate the REST API service with the API Mediation Layer.
To enable use of the REST API and to integrate with the API Mediation Layer, see Configure the DBM Data Service.
SYSVIEW for Db2Additional Requirements
- When VTAM communication is enabled betweenSYSVIEW for Db2and , make sure that you are current with all related maintenance.
- When zIIP support is enabled, ensure that you are current on maintenance for theCommon Components and ServicesCAIRIM zIIP Enablement Service.
- To configure theSYSVIEW for Db2RESTful API and integrate with the API Mediation Layer, see Configure the DBM Data Service.
Test Data Manager Requirements
RC/Extractand Test Data Manager can be used together to enable masking of Db2 data. Install Test Data Manager Release 4.8.1 and the Test Data Manager Mainframe Db2 Add on Release 5.4.17 minimally. For details, see the