Start the Products
After you have completed configuration of the productgroup, complete the following steps to prepare the products for execution:
After you have completed configuration of the
Database Management Solutions for Db2, complete the following steps to prepare the products for execution:
Add the CLIST Data Set to the SYSPROC DD
Use this procedure to add the CLIST data set (
hlq.CDBACLS0) to the SYSPROC DD statement.
You can skip these steps and then use the CLIST as is without changes when:
- The installation CLIST library is not concatenated with other libraries.
- The other libraries in the concatenation are fixed block format data sets.
Follow these steps:
- Make a copy of the fixed blocked format installation CLIST library and save it as a variable blocked format data set.
- Use the created copy in the SYSPROC DD.
Invoke the Products
Database Management Solutions for Db2Main Menu is available when you install any products in the
Database Management Solutions for Db2. You can invoke the products from the Main Menu or you can invoke a specific product menu directly using the RSPMAIN CLIST in
- Specify the following command to invoke products from the Products Main Menu:RSPMAIN PARMLIB(parmlib) SUFFIX(nn)
- Specify the following command to access a single product directly from the main menu product panel:RSPMAIN PARMLIB(parmlib) SUFFIX(nn) PARMS(CI=pgmname)
If your TSO LOGON PROC allocates SYSIN, SYSTSIN, SYSPRINT, SYSTPRT, and ISPFILE, you must free these DD statements before entering the products. To do so, add the appropriate statements to RSPMAIN. For example: FREE FI(SYSIN), FREE FI(SYSTSIN), FREE FI(ISPFILE), and so on. If necessary, you can reallocate the data sets in the CLIST when you exit the product environment.
A description of the parameters you can specify with RSPMAIN follows:
- parmlibThe parmlib data set to be used with the products.Default:hlq.CDBAPARM
- nnThe two-digit suffix that is specified with the global parmlib members.
- pgmnameThe name of the program for the product you have installed. Valid names for the following products and components are shown in parentheses:If your product is not in this list, it might have an alternate method of execution that does not require theDatabase Management Solutions for Db2driver. For more information, see the product documentation.
- Alternate Catalog Mapping (RGLALTNM)
- Database Analyzer(RALPCOM)
- Log Analyzer(LAL$MAIN)
- Log Maintenance (PTLLOGMM)
- Plan Analyzer(PPL$MAIN)
- Recovery Analyzer(PRL$MAIN)
- Space Calculator (ROLSSC)
- Subsystem Analyzer(PSASPFCC)
- Thread Termination\Dynamic DSNZPARM (PTTSPFCC)
- Utilities (UOLGLM)
Once you have entered the parameters and optionally the program name, executing RSPMAIN takes you directly to the
Database Management Solutions for Db2Main Menu or the main menu for the product.
Add the Products to the ISPF Menu
Use the following procedure to add the
Database Management Solutions for Db2to any existing ISPF menu such as the ISPF Primary Options Menu.
Ensure that the CLIST library (
hlq.CDBACLS0) has been added to the SYSPROC DD statement.
Follow these steps:
- Allocate the product libraries.TheDatabase Management Solutions for Db2libraries must be allocated before product execution. RSPMAIN performs the allocations using the libraries (and library definitions) that were specified in the DSNAMExx parmlib member during product configuration.The ISPF LIBDEF service automatically allocates the specified libraries when the product is executed.
- Modify the ISPF panel.
- Modify the title line.Add a title line to the body of the ISPF Menu for yourBroadcomproducts. For example, we suggest:1 2 3 4 ----5----0----5----0----5----0----5----0----5 % P +CA TECHNOLOGIES DB2 PRODUCTSIn this example, you can replace the P in column 7 with an option number of letter of your choice.Default ISPF attributes are used in the previous example. If the defaults have been changed, make the corresponding changes to the suggested title line.
- Modify the command line.Insert the following line into the PROC area of the ISPF Panel in the TRUNC function of the assigned statement for ISPF variable &ZSEL. The RSPMAIN CLIST must be copied to one of the CLIST libraries that are allocated on the SYSPROC DD statement:1 2 3 4 ----5----0----5----0----5----0----5----0----5----0 P, 'CMD(%RSPMAIN PARMLIB(parmlib) SUFFIX(nn)'
- Replace the P in column 17 with the same option number or letter you specified in the Step 2a.
- Replaceparmlibwith the parmlib data set to be used with the products.
- Replacennwith the suffix that was specified on your global parmlib members.
Once these changes have been made and the ISPF libraries have been reallocated, the
Broadcomoption appears on the corresponding ISPF panels.
Set Up a Callable Interface
You can invoke the
Database Management Solutions for Db2using any application program that you write. When you invoke the product, processing starts with the passed options. However, the product session is not limited to the initial options. Once a product is invoked, it is active until you exit the product. You can change the initial options and then perform several operations or even jump to another product before exiting.
When you exit a product, control is passed back to the calling application program.
To set up a callable interface, see Callable Interface for the processes that are used to pass control to the
Database Management Solutions for Db2and back to your programs.
Implement Multiple Product Releases in Parallel
To implement multiple releases in parallel, set up an ISPF menu from which you can select the release that you want to use. Include the following options in this menu:
- Logic to build the appropriate CLIST library name (hlq.CDBACLS0) for the selected release level.
- An ALTLIB statement that specifies the build CLIST library name.
- Logic to execute the RSPMAIN CLIST from the built CLIST library.
Use different plan names for each release level of the products. For example, you can append the release number to the plan name (such as PDAv190 for Version 19.0.00 and PDAv200 for Version 20.0.00).
When you upgrade to a newer version of the
Database Management Solutions for Db2, do not drop any objects from the previous version or free plans.