Support for zIIP Processors
IBM System z Integrated Information Processor (zIIP) support is now provided.
IBM System z Integrated Information Processor (zIIP) support is now provided. zIIP processors can help you expand the use of your mainframe for new workloads. They do so while lowering cost of ownership by moving workloads from a general processor to specialty engines like zIIP.
Broadcomprovides many solutions that apply the features and functionality of zIIP processors to help you further reduce costs and optimize your z Systems environment.
The following products in the
CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OScurrently use zIIP features and functionality:
Percentages of zIIP offloading are provided in parentheses with the product information. These percentages are provided "as is" based on benchmarks that are run in our labs and as guidance
only. We do not guarantee that you will experience the same percentage of zIIP offload in your environment. Performance can vary depending on the z/OS environment and application workload.
- CA Database Analyzer™ for DB2 for z/OS(up to 25 percent)
- CA Detector® for DB2 for z/OS(up to 25 percent)
- CA Fast Load for DB2 for z/OS(up to 60 percent)
- CA Fast Unload® for DB2 for z/OS(up to 70 percent)
- CA Quick Copy for DB2 for z/OS(up to 50 percent)
- CA Rapid Reorg® for DB2 for z/OS(up to 90 percent)
- CA SYSVIEW® Performance Management Option for DB2for z/OS (up to 90 percent)
Note the following additional product information:
- CA RC/Migrator™ for DB2 for z/OSThe RC/Merger component uses flash copy (feature of the DASD software) to provide up to 98 percent CPU and elapsed time savings (though not through zIIP processors).
- CA Subsystem Analyzer for DB2 for z/OSCA Subsystem Analyzer does not provide a user option for moving workloads from general processors to zIIP processors. However, its data collection engine runs under the application threads and therefore uses the processors that the application threads are using, including zIIP processors.For more information about the provided zIIP support, see the documentation for CA Database Analyzer, CA Detector, CA Fast Load, CA Fast Unload, CA Quick Copy, CA Rapid Reorg, and CA SYSVIEW for DB2.