Using the Mainframe Team Center User Interface
User instructions for Mainframe Team Center - Database Management for Db2 for z/OS.
Mainframe Team Center - Database Management for Db2 for z/OS(MTC-DBM) is a web-based interface for the CA Database Management Solutions for Db2 for z/OS. Use MTC-DBM to explore Db2 application performance data and Db2 object administration data in a web browser.
Mainframe Team Center - Database Management for Db2 for z/OSprovides:
- In-depth analysis capabilities that let you identify the programs and SQL statements that most significantly affect your Db2 system performance.
- Information from the Db2 catalog so that you can review data for the Db2 objects that you are writing SQL statements against.
Users with any level of mainframe experience can query and analyze Db2 for z/OS catalog data and obtain detailed application performance metrics from the MTC-DBM interface. MTC-DBM can be used at no charge by customers with a license for CA Detector and CA RC/Query.
To set up this interface, see Configure the Mainframe Team Center User Interface.
Database administrators and other users at any experience level can monitor mission-essential mainframe applications in a non-3270 environment.
Mainframe Team Center - Database Management for Db2 for z/OS, you can perform the following Db2 performance-related tasks:
- View current and historical Db2 application performance data from one or more datastores by Db2 subsystem ID or data sharing group.
- Explore SQL summarized by:
- SQL statement
- Key by user ID, correlation ID, connection type, and more
- Analyze SQL statement performance metrics in your preferred view. For example, view all packages for a particular Db2 subsystem ID, then narrow the view to see SQL statements that are associated with a selected package.
- Reduce or eliminate right-to-left scrolling by rearranging the table columns.
- View dynamic SQL statement text.
- View SQL errors
For Db2 administration, you can query and analyze Db2 catalog data. Go to Obtain Information from the Db2 Catalog.
Watch this short video to learn how users with any level of mainframe experience can query and analyze Db2 catalog data and obtain detailed Db2 application performance metrics from a single screen using the
Mainframe Team Center - Database Management for Db2 for z/OSuser interface: