Modify Db2 Parameters Using Batch Job Processing
You can change the Db2 startup parameters (ZPARMs) by using batch jobs. Sample JCL is provided in the PTTBATCH member of hlq.CDBASAMP.
You can change the Db2 startup parameters (ZPARMs) by using batch jobs. Sample JCL is provided in the PTTBATCH member of
PTTBATCH submits control statements (SET commands) to the batch utility program through the PTTIN DD statement (instead of the usual SYSIN DD statement).
Follow these steps:
- Display PTTBATCH for editing by performingoneof the following actions:
- Open PTTBATCH in an ISPF edit session.
- Access PTTBATCH through the online panels.
- Edit the syntax:
- Provide a valid JOB statement.
- Customize the STEPLIB, PTILIB, PTIPARM, and PTTOUT DD statements for your site.
- Add your SET commands to the PTTIN DD section.
- Save your changes and submit the job.A syntax check is performed. If all statements pass the check, they are processed and the actions are performed on the specified subsystem. If any statements contain a syntax error, none of the statements are executed. Output messages are generated to PTTOUT, including a report of each action taken.