Restrictions regarding how to use ddd in the dad environment are as follows:
Restrictions regarding how to use
CA Datacom® Datadictionary™in the
CA Datacom®/ADenvironment are as follows:
- You cannot create database structures other than the ones that are provided by the CA using product.
- You are only allowed to redefine existing columns (fields) and add keys to the tables in the database approved for use with the CA using product.
- You cannot add columns (FIELD entity-occurrences), change the size of the supplied keys, or create your own databases, areas, or tables to use with the CA using product. You can make a duplicate of an existing database structure.
- Specific naming conventions are enforced.
- You must use the DDRTVCAT utility to catalog the database from PROD status in theCA Datacom® Datadictionary™to the CXX after you make any changes. DDRTVCAT validates and ensures that no critical changes are made to the shipped CA database structure.