Includes steps to acquire, install, deploy and configure your product.
How the Installation Works
Broadcom has standardized product installations across all mainframe products. Installation uses the following process:
- Acquisition -- Transports the software to your z/OS system.
- Installation using SMP/E -- Creates an SMP/E environment and runs the RECEIVE, APPLY, and ACCEPT steps. The software is untailored.
- Deployment -- Copies the target libraries to another system or LPAR.
- Post Installation -- Creates customized load modules, CSD entries,CA Datacom® CICS Servicesdata sets, and bringing the software to an executable state.
CA Chorus™ Software Manager (CA CSM) - formerly known as CA Mainframe Software Manager™ (CA MSM) - is an intuitive web-based tool that can automate and simplify many Broadcom product installation activities on z/OS systems. This application also makes obtaining and applying corrective and recommended maintenance easier. A web-based interface enables you to install and maintain your products faster and with less chance of error. As a best practice, we recommend that you install mainframe products and maintenance using CA CSM. Using CA CSM, someone with limited knowledge of JCL and SMP/E can install a product.
If you do not have CA CSM, you can download it from the Download Center at http://casupport.broadcom.com. Follow the installation instructions in the CA Chorus Software Manager documentation bookshelf on the CA Chorus Software Manager product page.
You can also complete the standardized installation process manually using pax files that are downloaded from http://casupport.broadcom.com
To install your product, do the following tasks:
- Prepare for the installation by confirming that your site meets all installation requirements.
- Verify that you acquired the product using one of the following methods:
- Download the software from http://casupport.broadcom.com using CA CSM.
- Download the software from http://casupport.broadcom.com using Pax-Enhanced Electronic Software Delivery (Pax ESD).
- Perform an SMP/E installation using one of the following methods:
If a CA Recommended Service (CA RS) package is published for your product, install it before continuing with deployment.
- If you used CA CSM to acquire the product, start the installation process from the SMP/E Environments tab in CA CSM.
- If you used Pax ESD to acquire the product, you can install the product in the following ways:
- Install the product manually.
- Complete the SMP/E installation using the Add Product option in CA CSM.
- Deploy the target libraries using one of the following methods:
Deployment is considered part of starting your product.
- If you are using CA CSM to configure your products, a CA CSM deployment is required.
- If you are using a manual configuration process, a manual deployment is an optional step.
- Customize your product with the post-installation steps manually.Post Installation steps are considered part of starting your product.