Customization and Postinstallation Steps for CA Ideal for CA Datacom
This section describes the minimum configuration tasks that are required before idcm can be started, customized, and used in your environment.
This section describes the minimum configuration tasks that are required before
CA Ideal™ for CA Datacom®can be started, customized, and used in your environment.
Execute sample jobs in sequential order by name and number. Review, edit, execute, and complete each installation step before proceeding to the next step.
Follow these guidelines when installing:
- Customization PhaseBefore performing either a new install or an upgrade, execute the members that have names that start with ILCUS.
- New Installation PhaseIf you are installingCA Ideal™ for CA Datacom®for the first time, execute members whose names start with ILNEW. After all ILNEW jobs execute successfully, the CA Ideal product environment is ready for use.
- CA Ideal™ for DB2Installation PhaseIf you are installing theCA Ideal™ for DB2, execute members whose names start withIOINSand all previously mentioned jobs. After allIOINSjobs execute successfully, theCA Ideal™ for DB2for DB2 environment is complete.
- Verification PhaseExecute the members whose names start withILVER. After allILVERjobs execute successfully, theCA Ideal™ for CA Datacom®components are successfully installed and verified. If you are upgrading from an earlier release, apply any additional table entries or option table changes now.
INSTJCL Member Names
The INSTJCL member names can be easily identified during any installation. These names are constructed as follows:
- The first two characters relate to the component being installed:Each name begins withILto identifyCA Ideal™ for CA Datacom®- the base product.Each name begins withIOto identifyCA Ideal™ for DB2- applicable only if you have this option.
- The next three characters identify the type of installation step:
- CUSIndicates a customization job that is performed for all mew or upgrade installations.
- INSIndicates a new or upgrade installation step that is performedCA Ideal™ for DB2.
- NEWIndicates a step for new installations of theCA Ideal™ for CA Datacom®environment.
- VERIndicates an installation verification step.
- The remainder of each name indicates the number of the step and can include a suffix.If the suffix isX, the step isoptionalfor the overall installation. You might not need to perform this step. Read the step description to determine whether to include it in yourCA Ideal™ for CA Datacom®installation. If this step is required, run these jobs after the same job number without the X suffix.