Copy Installation Files to z/OS Data Sets
Learn how to copy the extracted installation files to z/OS data sets.
Use this procedure to invoke the SMP/E GIMUNZIP utility to create the SAMPJCL z/OS data set.
The file UNZIPJCL in the product directory contains a sample job to extract the installation package. You edit and submit the UNZIPJCL job to copy the sample installation JCL to a z/OS data set.
- Locate and read the product readme file or installation notes, if applicable, which resides in the product-specific directory that the pax command created. This file contains the product-specific details that you require to complete the installation procedure.You have identified the product-specific installation details.
- Use ISPF EDIT or TSO ISHELL to edit the UNZIPJCL sample job. You can perform this step in one of the following ways:
The job is edited.
- Use ISPF EDITSpecify the full path name of the UNZIPJCL file.
- Use TSO ISHELLNavigate to the UNZIPJCL file and use the E line command to edit the file.
- Change the SMPDIR DD PATH to the product-specific directory created by the pax command.Your view is of the product-specific directory.
- If ICSF is not active, perform the following steps:
One of the following outcomes occurs: ICSF is active or you are using Java.
- Change the SMPJHOME DD PATH to your Java runtime directory. This directory varies from system to system.
- Performoneof the following steps:
- Change the SMPCPATH DD PATH to your SMP/E Java application classes directory, typically /usr/lpp/smp/classes/.
- Change HASH=YES to HASH=NO on the GIMUNZIP parameter.
- ChangeyourHLQto the high-level qualifier (HLQ) for z/OS SAMPJCL data set. We suggest that you use a unique HLQ for each expanded pax file to identify uniquely the package.
- Submit the UNZIPJCL job.The UNZIPJCL job completes with a zero return code. Messages GIM69158I and GIM48101I in the output and IKJ56228I in the JES log are acceptable. The SAMPJCL data set is created with the HLQ that you specified in the UNZIP job. You use this data set to perform the product installation.