Using Inter-Product Components (IPC)
Information about using inter-product components.
CA IPC enables product to product communication and collaboration.
Download a PDF of Using Inter-Product Components (IPC).
CA IPCcomprise of the following components:
- Virtual Library System (VLS)A library access method that stores panels, message members, control blocks, and user programs.
- Virtual Processing Environment (VPE)Allows your products to run independent of the environment.
- Session Control Facility (SCF)A task dispatcher that provides a variety of high-level services that process menus and PF keys, and handle commands.
- Print Sub-System (PSS)A set of routines that provides system and network printing services for a variety of products.
- Panel Management Services (PMS)A set of services that acquires, sends, receives, manages, and processes panels built using PDF and the fields contained in the panels.
- Panel Definition Facility (PDF)A facility that builds the user panels and applications that PMS manages and processes at run-time.
- Editor Kernel (EDK)A text editing facility.
The following products use components in
- CA Ideal™ for CA Datacom®
- CA Dataquery™ for CA Datacom®
- CA Datacom® MetaCOBOL Support
A previous version of VPE had been delivered with CA Common Services for z/OS. To ensure that the correct code is accessed, concatenate the
CA IPClibrary before the CA Common Services target load library in your batch and CICS JCL.